Chapter 83

After another extremely long, hard year, we made it. We made it through another school year. Despite everything that happens, we always manage to push through it. This year has by far been the hardest, but we're still here. Not all of us though, sadly. We did lose two people, but no matter what, they're always going to be with us.

"How you feeling?" Theo asked me as he got into the car, starting the engine.

"The end of the school year is always the best," I laughed. "And you?"

"Well I survived, so I'm feeling pretty good." He rested his head on the headrest and looked at me, smiling.

I looked at him with a sad look, thinking back to that night. It's been nearly three weeks since it all happened, but it's still a fresh wound. When we left school today, seeing all the seniors there, laughing and congratulating each other, it made me think about her. What she would be doing right now. What her reaction would to finally graduate.

It also did make me think about, Brett. He never got to be a senior. Never really got to be anything. A senior, a father, not even a son. His parents died when he was young, never even knew them. But he did have something great. He was a big brother, a part of a pack. He was loved and wanted, just not like he wanted to be.

"Are we going back to mine or yours?" Theo asked me, snapping me back into reality.

"Depends if you want the awkward company of my parents." I laughed, plugging the aux chord into my phone.

"Mine it is then," he replied, turning up the music.

Even though things have been rough and hard these passed couple of weeks, we've all been moving on with our lives. Some slower than others, but we're all managing in our own ways. Theo for example. He moved out of my place and his fathers place and brought himself his own little apartment. It's not much but it's more than enough for him. It's also perfect for when I'm there occasionally.

I've been there a lot though these passed couple of days, with my parents being home from work. It's there holiday break as well, so they're going to be home for the next two weeks. Don't get me wrong. I love seeing them and I still see them almost everyday, it's just whenever I want to be with Theo, we go to his place. It's still a little bit awkward with my parents. But we're working on it.

"Why don't we go on a vacation? Just us and the pack, to celebrate the school year?" Theo suggested, turning down the music.

"I mean, sounds good to me." I shrugged, thinking of places we could go. "Why don't we go to that place we went to last time?" I suggested.

"Or we could go to the place a couple miles up from it. It's got better views, more activities, no people there at all, even got showers." He also suggested.

I nodded in agreement and searched it up on my phone. I showed an imagine of it to Theo, just to make sure I had the right place. He took a quick look and nodded his head. I looked through the pictures, each one just as pretty as the previous one.

"As soon as we get home, we'll start packing. Leave first thing tomorrow," I smiled, excited to get away from everything for a couple days. "We can go hiking, swimming, bird watching, we can even go on a flying fox!" I practically yelled, the excitement taking over.

"Yeah, it's a beautiful place. The nature is also just as beautiful." His smile almost looked sad, like there a memory attached to this place.

"You went there once with you're, didn't you?" I asked, placing my hand onto of his.

He looked at me and nodded. We sat there in silence, the shallow sound of music still playing through the speakers. I looked through some more of the activities, planning out in my head what we were going to do. I took a screenshot of everything to do, to send to the group chat so then everyone can decided what they're going to do.

To: Pack 🐺
Hey everyone! Theo and I are going to go away for a few days and wanna know who wants to come. Feel free to join us or just stay home. Figured we could do with a little break after the long year. Anyways, just let us know (Thumbs up)

I placed my phone on my lap, waiting for a reply from someone. After a minute or two, messgaes came buzzing through my phone. I checked them all, smiling when I saw majority of the people were coming.

From: Pack 🐺
Stiles: Mal and I will defiantly be there. Need a break after everything, cheers dude.

Scott: Youse go and have fun. Lydia and I will stay back, need to do something else.

Mason: I don't care what Corey says, we're in.

Jackson: Yeah why not. Ethan will most likely be joining me and so will Isaac. Thanks.

I smiled and told Theo everyone who was going to be there. I reread Scott's text over and over, wondering what he could be doing. It then hit me, remembering what he told me a week ago. Lydia and Scott are going away with Chris to have a funeral for Allison. We were all invited, but we decided that it should just be her family and those who were truly close to her. I mean, I was close to her and I wanted to go, but it was the right thing to do.

To: Pack 🐺
Alright, sweet. We'll be leaving first thing tomorrow, but just to make things easier we'll just meet in the middle at someone's house. Then we'll sort out who's going with who and then drive there. It's about 7 hours, so make sure you have something to do. I'll send screenshots of all the activities and any other information. See youse tomorrow.

I let out a long breath and sat back in the car, bringing my knee up to my chest. I tilted my head slightly and looked at Theo, smiling as he concentrated on the road. He's a good driver and does it almost naturally, but he worries too much. He doesn't want to hurt anyone else on the road, so he drives so cautions.

I turned back up the music and smiled when I heard what song it was. It was the first song Theo and I ever sung together. I looked at him and smiled at how much we've both changed. Going from me hating him, to me loving him. Us being friends, to us now dating. From him being in love with him, to me also being in love with him.

It's just crazy how everything can change so quickly and how it can be with someone you never expected. Someone you never thought you could love so much. Someone you never would of imagined yourself sacrificing your life for.

Which is exactly what happened with Theo and I.