Chapter 39

I looked out the window, watching as we drive pass the streetlights. I want to say something to break the silence, but I can't. I have no idea what to say and ever since we left Hayden's place, it's been awkward. We can't continue to act like we're not a thing, when we are a thing, but it's not the right time. But then again, when is it the right time?

Considering we can't be a couple around the others, Theo and I decided that we'd go back to mine. We can't start the plan tonight, as it's getting way to late. Normally we would start the plan and get our friends back instantly, but everyone has something on tomorrow.

Theo and I need to be a school for lacrosse practice, Stiles, Malia, and Scott have a makeup test, Lydia has something important going on and we can't miss out on these. We need to stay focused on our schoolwork and make sure we actually pass, because our whole future relies on this.

"It's my fault." I whispered, breaking the silence. "I should of cut her out of my life from the beginning. As soon as I knew all of this was happening."

"Liam, it's not your fault. Even if you did cut her off, Nolan and Gabe know who your close to and care about. They would of gotten to her no matter what, it's just a matter of time. If anything, it's better to keep her in your life." He turned to me and smiled, looking straight back onto the road. "At least that way you can always keep an eye on her."

As Theo spoke to me, I took in all of his advice. Maybe it is a good idea to keep everyone I care about close to me. Maybe it's a  mistake to block out Mason and keep him in the dark. He at least deserves to know, so he knows who he can trust and who he can't.

I want to agree with Theo and with what he's saying, but I can't. Even if he is right, I still feel like it's my fault. Everything is my fault. I should be out there looking for her, but instead I'm about to go home and sleep. She's locked up somewhere all alone, and I'm doing nothing to help her. I'm about to go to sleep in my own bed, go to school tomorrow and go about my day like nothings wrong, when there is.

I should be out there right now, searching from one end to another of the woods, trying to find her. She shouldn't have to be out there all alone, waiting for us to find her.

"I'll take the couch." Theo spoke up, pulling into my driveway. He turned off the engine and then suddenly, everything was silent.

"No." I whispered, shaking my head slightly. "You can sleep with me, Theo. Don't worry, no ones here and I could really use you right now." I told him, turning to face him and closing my eyes.

All I want to do right now, is sleep. I'm tired, I don't want to do anything and I just want this whole thing to be over. I slowly got out of the car and made my way to the front door, unlocking it and going inside. Once Theo was inside, I locked the door and made my way towards my bedroom. Just before I got to the stairs, Theo called my name.

"You can't go to bed yet, you need to eat something. You haven't eaten all day." He looked at me with a concerned expression.

"I'm not hungry, I just wanna go to bed." I told him, pointing to the top of the stairs and shaking my head. "I cant eat right now. After everything that's happened, I don't think I can. Can we please just go to bed and I promise I'll have a big breakfast in the morning."

I turned around and listened as he sighed, walking over to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder and turned me around, bringing me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head, looking down at me and smiling.

"You have to promise me though." He raised his eyebrows and I nodded, a small smile spreading across my face. "Lets go to bed then." He whispered, taking my hand and pulling me up the stairs.

I opened my bedroom down and went straight to my cupboard, bringing out some clothes for Theo and I. I gave him a loose shirt and some tracksuits, that he worn the first night he ever slept here and considering he's taller than me, they fit him perfectly. He took the clothes out of my hands and smiled, taking off his shirt and walking over to the other side of the room.

I turned back around, looking through my draws to find some clothes for me. Ever few seconds I'd look behind me, taking a quick look at Theo, but I don't think he's noticed or caught me yet. Once I found a shirt, I quickly put it on, but I can't be bothered to change my pants.

"You sleeping in those?" Theo asked, pointing to my pants and smiling.

"I really can't be bothered." I smiled, crawling under the blanket and getting comfortable.

I rested my head on the pillow and closed my eyes, almost instantly falling asleep. I opened my eyes before I could drift off, watching as Theo lay there next, looking perfect like always. I smiled and placed my hand gently on his face, rubbing my thumb in a circular motion around his cheek.

I smiled at the thought of him being mine. I moved over slightly, getting closer to him and feeling ever more safe. I closed my eyes again, thinking about how lucky I am.

I have everything I could ever want.

—————————————-
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 20K!
Sorry for not being all that active lately, schools he so freaking stressful and I've been in and out of doctors appointments and it's all so hard to keep up with 🙄
I promise I'll be more active. Thank you for supporting me ❤️