Chapter 65

As the sun went down and there was nothing but darkness and a little light from the street lamps, we started to get our plan into action. We all caught up and said our hellos, showed and went over the plan with everyone and went over the guidelines.

No one is to die tonight, but we must protect ourselves even if that means hurting someone. I agree with Scott though, hurting people tonight is alright just no killing. Not unless it's absolutely necessary, which I don't think it'll come to that.

"Hey, can we talk?" Theo whispered to me, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked him, grabbing his hand back.

"I just want to say I'm sorry. I got really jealous and I don't know why really, because I know you're not that type of person, but I know Brett is bisexual and it kind of got to me. Seeing you hug him like that, as if was the only one. I mean, I know he pretty much saved us all but it just really got to me." He explain to me, pulling me into the kitchen as he started to speak.

"Theo, you know I love you and no one can compare to you." I whispered, placing my hand on his cheek. "You're my one and only."

"I know, it's just everything good in my life either leaves or gets destroyed and I can't bare to see that happen to you." I gave him a sad look and shook my head.

"You're not gonna lose me. No matter what happens, I'm always going to be in your life." I told him, looking down at his hand and grabbing it.

I look back over to Scott and nodded my head slightly, indicating that it was time to start it all. Even if we come out losing, we're going in fighting and we're not holding back. I looked down at our hands and smiled, looking up and Theo and giving him a quick kiss before walking over to Scott and Stiles.

"Remember what we said everyone. We're going to fight and protect ourselves at all cost, but try and avoid killing anyone. There's other ways we can do this." Scott spoke up, looking everyone dead in the eye. "Alright then, lets go."

I watched as Jackson, Corey and Ethan all went out the back door, keeping an eye out for anything out there. I looked over at Mason and Nolan and smiled, scared for them being here. It's not safe for a human to be here, especially when they're also helping us. But out of all the places here right now, inside seems to be the safest so that's where they're going to stay.

As for everyone else, we're going out the front where we're predicting they're going to come from. Isaac and Scott are in the middle, Theo and I are off to the left of them and Derek and Malia are off to the right. We've got everywhere covered, but we're more so hoping they're going to come from the front yard and not the back, as pretty much everyone is out here.

I looked over to the left as I heard leaves crunch and sticks crack. If anyone was coming, they're coming now. I looked at Scott and tried to hide the fact that I was scared. Not just because of what we're doing, but because of who's here. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I don't want anything to happen to Mason because of us. Because he's helping us. Because we didn't keep this a secret from him.

"We don't want to fight!" Scott yelled, clenching his hands into fist. "There's other ways we can work around this. We can sort something out or make a way for this to work. We don't want to have to hurt youse! But... we will if we have to."

Everything went eerie for a second and almost like everyone was frozen in time. No one said anything. No one moved. And no one seemed to even be breathing. But then after that short second, that frightening eerie feeling soon passed away.

The hunters obviously don't want to sort things out, as they're now shooting at us. As soon as the silence broke with the first gun shot, I jumped out of my frozen state and formed into the monster they all think we are. I looked over at one of the hunter trying to shoot me and growl, running over to him and dropping him onto the drop. I dropped him hard enough that he's now unconscious.

I looked over to Malia and watched as she took on three at once. Theo on the other hand was taking on four and looked like he wasn't doing to well. I quickly stood up and ran over to him, grabbing one of them from the back of their shirt and throwing him out of the way. I went over to another one and punch him, only to receive the end of the gun getting thrown into my stomach. I looked up at him and gasped for air, as it had been taken away from me.

"Liam!" Theo yelled, running over to me and kicking down the hunter. "Are you ok?" He ran over to me, pressing his forehead against mine and cupping my face.

"Yeah, just got breathless for a second." I explained to him, catching back my breath.

I could feel my ribs healing themselves, meaning he must of hit me hard enough to break them. I stood back up straight and quickly ducked down, dodging one of their bullets. I ran off on Theo and helped Isaac take on a few of the hunters. I went to punch one of them in the face, but before I could I heard someone scream in agonising pain.

I looked over to my left and watched as Malia fell to the ground, crawling into a ball and holding her side where she'd been shot. I looked at Derek and watched as he ran over to her, picking her up and running her inside. Mason isn't just in there to be safe, but he's also in there to help us out if something like this happens.

"Get down!" I heard someone scream, followed by gunshot.

I looked behind me and watched as Jackson, Ethan, Corey and now Chris ran out from the back. Chris looked at Scott and nodded, shooting his gun at the other hunters. The best thing about Corey is no one can see him when he turns into the chameleon. Not unless you're a werewolf and can hear his heartbeat or Mason he can just tell where he is. And it's confusing the hunters and almost freaking them out.

I ran through all the gunshots, jumping on one of their backs and bringing them to the ground. I flipped him over quickly, grabbing hair and smashing his head on the ground. I stood straight back up and ran over towards the house, stopping a hunter before he got in. I went to turn around but before I could, I heard Mason screaming inside. I looked around and saw Corey standing there, looking at me. I nodded, letting him know that he could go in there.

I waited for him to get inside and listened in to see what was happening.

"Corey behind!" Mason yelled, only for him to gasp straight after.

Before I could hear anything else, I felt something hard his the back of my head. I fell straight to the ground and shook my head as everything started to clear up. I looked behind me and saw as one of the hunters stood over me, smiling with his gun pointed at my head. He put his finger over the trigger and started laughing.

I closed my eyes and tried to think about anything but what was happening right now. I wanted to go to my happy place and forget what was happening. I don't want to die knowing I'm scared and worried about everyone. I want to die happy, grateful, excited about everything that's happening.

As the gun fired, I heard it go in a completely different direction and a yell straight after it. I quickly opened my eyes, watching as Theo started attacking the hunter. I wanted to tell him to stop and that everything was ok now, but something else had my attention. As many hunters that we had taken down, there was still too many of them. We're outnumbered and there's no way we're going to win this.

"There's too many!" I yelled over the gunfire, walking over to Theo so he would stop. "We can't win this!"

"We have to try Liam. We can't give up now, not after what we've done!" He yelled back, looking down at the hunters bloody and beaten face.

"We're doing no good!" I yelled at him, pointing to what he had just down. "We're just using all of our anger and showing them how much of a monster we really are."

Theo looked at me and shook his head, almost like he didn't want to believe it or he did believe but just doesn't want to accept it.

I looked over at Scott and instantly felt a weight in my chest as I watched him. He was on the ground, no one around him to help him, a gun pointed directly in his head, already shot in the side of his stomach. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. I felt my chest get tighter as the moments got more intense.

And before I knew it... BANG!