Chapter 32

I pulled into Hayden's driveway and honked my horn twice, letting her know I was here. I got out of the car and went to the front door, getting greeted with a kiss from Hayden. I cupped my hands around her face, and squeezed her face softly. She looked into my eyes and pulled her face back, laughing as she grabbed my hand and dragged me into her living room.

"So, why'd you come over?" She asked me, sitting down on her couch and patting the spot next to her. I smiled and sat down next her and took a deep breath in, preparing what I was going to tell her.

"So you know how Theo went missing and how I was obsessed with finding him, but I went slightly over-board?" I asked her, watching as she slowly nodded, taking it all in. "Well, last night he came to my house. Actually, he broke into my house. He gave me a number, I called it and then he told me where to meet him. So, after I dropped you off at Nolan's place, I went and met Theo."

I took a deep breath in and thought about what I was going to say next. I don't know if I tell her the whole story or just the important stuff. I smiled and decided that she should know all of it, just in case there's a gap in the story.

"And then when I met him, I started yelling and then he apologised, I forgave him and then he hugged me. I asked him about coming back and he told me he will when he's ready, whenever that is, but then he decided to go for a swim and I followed. We were there for ages and we had such a good time, but god knows where he is now." I took a deep breath in, smiling once I had finished what I wanted to explain.

She looked me in the eyes and slowly nodded, looking away once it started to get awkward. I could already tell Hayden didn't know what to say, and that was fine. I just wanted her to know that she doesn't have to worry about me ruining another date. I don't have to worry about Theo anymore and it's going to make our relationship easier.

She placed her hand on my knee and took a shaky breath in, looking at the ground and shaking her head. I looked at her confused, unsure what she was doing. She closed her eyes and smiled, but it wasn't a happy or a sad smile. It was more of a, 'if I don't smile, I'll cry' kind of smile.

"What is it?" I asked her, placing my hand on her shoulder. "I thought you would be relived, think about it. Now I won't have to worry about him and now I won't ruin another date." I laughed, trying to make her laugh but she didn't.

She just looked at me and nodded, wanting to say something, but not being able to find the words. I sat there patiently, waiting for her to find the words she was trying to find. Finally, after a long period of silence, she opened her mouth.

"Promise you won't lie to me. Promise you'll answer these 100% true." She looked at me and raised her pinkie finger.

"I promise." I spoke, wrapping my pinkie around hers and smiling.

She cleared her throat and took a deep breath in, almost like this was a test of some sort. For me, it also felt that way.

"Why is Theo so important to you? Why do you care so much for him? He left you, yet you can still find a way to forgive him." She asked me, sounding slightly defensive.

I wanted to answer the questions straight away, but I didn't even know the answers. I guess he's so important to me, because he doesn't judge me. He understand what I am and how I react, but I can't tell Hayden that. I can't explain that Theo and I are so alike, that it makes him so fun to be around.

As for me forgiving him, I don't even know why I did. Like Hayden said, he did leave me. He left me and it almost broke me, but I still found a way to forgive him. I still allowed him to play an important part in my life and I don't even know why I did that.

"I don't really know." I told her, looking at her and shrugging. "He's just different from everyone else and he really understands me. More than anyone else and it feels nice knowing that I'll always have him, I guess."

"That's not the real answer, Liam." I furrowed my eyebrows, shocked that she said that.

How would she know that real reason, if I don't even know the real reason. She doesn't even know half the story, so how would she know this part?

"Liam, you're in love with Theo aren't you?" She asked me, my heart sinking into my stomach.

"What, no! Hayden, I love you." I spoke softly, trying to ignore what she just said.

I can't be in love with Theo. I love Hayden and she even knows that, so why would she be saying this? She knows how I feel and Theo is just my best friend. He's only my friend. Isn't he?

"I know, but not in that way." She smiled, placing her small hand on my face. "It's okay Liam, I understand. You don't have to hide who you are. You might not realise it yet, but you know it's what you want."

I looked at her and shook my head, refusing to agree to anything she was saying. Theo is my best friend, that is all he is. Maybe it might seem like I love him because we're so close, but that's just because he's a werewolf like me. He understand what it's like to be one, and I don't know I've ever felt like I can be myself around someone, but with Theo I can.

I looked into her eyes and realised, what she was saying was true. I do love Hayden, just not in this way and the whole time, I've had feelings for Theo. I've been shutting him out and I've been faking my feelings for Hayden the whole time.

"Just make sure you don't push away your feelings, because you're also pushing him away." She whispered, handing me my phone and smiling.

I hesitantly took it from her and slowly dialled his number, not sure if I really wanted do this. She looked at me and rolled her eyes, taking my phone off me and dialling in his number for me. She handed me back the phone and smiled, sitting closer to me so she could hear the call as well.

"What's wrong?" Theo answered the phone, fear in his voice. I started to smile, happy to see how concerned he is for me.

"We need to meet up, like now." I told him, looking at Hayden and smiling. "Text me where you want to meet."

"Okay, I'll see you soon." I could hear the confusion in his voice.

God, I'm even confused. I don't know if I'm going there to tell him how I feel, or just to see him again. I know what I want to do, but I don't know if I'll actually be able to do it.

"Thank you, Hayden." I leaned over slowly and placed a kiss on her lips, just one last time. I pulled back and pulled her into a hug, still shocked at how calm she was.

I was expecting her to freak out and yell at me to leave, but she's the complete opposite. She's calm and she's accepting me for me, even though this will effect her a school. People will say shit to her, because she dated me, but I'll be there for her. Just like I know she'll be there for me.

"Go get him." She whispered, just as I closed the door behind me.

I took a deep breath in, getting ready to face the person I've loved this entire time.

———————————-
Hope after this chapter that y'all love Hayden as much as I do :)