Chapter 62

I ran over to Malia and Theo, looking down at Allison as she still isn't conscious. I watched as Lydia put pressure around the wound, trying to stop her from losing anymore blood.

"Is she in pain?" Lydia asked one of us, her voice shaky as she looked up. "What's happening to her?"

"I can try to take her pain, but for all we know that could make things worse. I think we just need to find the hunters, wait for the tow truck or taxi and take her straight to the hospital." I explained to her, reaching down and grabbing her hand. "She's going to be fine."

I tried to make myself sound confident and convincing, but I don't think I was doing a good job, by the way Lydia reacted. She looked at me as her eyes started to water up again, indicating that I didn't do a convincing job.

"I know she's tough, but I don't think she can handle this one." As the words left her mouth, I knew she was talking for the both of us.

I shook my head and stood back up, not wanting to believe what she was saying. Out of all the ways to die, Allison is not dying like this. Not on my watch.

I walked back over to Malia and Theo, nodding my head as my eyes flashed yellow. I looked around us, trying to see or hear anything out there. I watched as Malia's eyes turned blue and Theo's, yellow just like mine. We walked around Allison and Lydia, making sure that they're both protected and if anyone tries to go near them, that we're ready for it.

I quickly turned as I heard something out in the woods. It sounded like a stick breaking, but for all we know that could just be an animal walking over it or it could be a hunter. I looked over in that direction, waiting for something or someone to pop out.

"Liam, over there." Malia whispered, jerking her head over to towards the car.

I looked over there and tried to see what she was looking at. I couldn't see it clearly, but it looked like a light of some sort.

"What is it?" Theo asked, a lisp as he spoke.

"I don't know." Malia and I said in sync, looking at each other.

I looked down at Lydia and Allison and nodded my head towards Malia, looking back over at the light. I took a breath in and walked over towards it. I kept an eye out for anything else, but I couldn't see anything or anyone. I looked down at the object and knew what happened. I looked back over to Malia and Theo and shook my head, my heart rate increasing.

"What is it?" Theo asked, shrugging his shoulders.

"A phone!" I yelled at him, the anger in my voice now showing. "It's repeating the same sound."

"What's the sound?" Malia asked, walking over towards me.

"The sound of sticks breaking." I clenched my jaw and paused the phone, throwing it on the ground and watching as it shattered into pieces.

"What does that mean?" Theo asked, looking more worried than confused.

"It means this is a set up." Malia looked at me, nodding her head. "They're not here with us, they're back in Beacon Hills with the others. This was our distraction to keep us from warning them."

I looked at her and nodded, clenching my fist as I stared down at the phone. This whole thing was a set up to keep us away from Beacon Hills. They're after Scott and the others and now we're not there to protect them or help them out. For all I know, Scott might not even know that they're after them. He might think that they're safe and nothing is going to happen, when really, they're all about to attack. They're just waiting for the right time.

Like now. Less numbers. Some injured. And some are unaware of what's going on. Scott needs to know about this and he needs to know now. I pulled out my phone and dialled in Scott's number, handing it to Malia. I ran back over to Lydia and Allison, kneeling down next to them.