Chapter 46

Once Hayden left, I kind of felt numb. I didn't want to talk to anyone, see anyone, do anything, eat anything. I just want to curl up into a ball and stay away from everything for awhile. Wait out the hunters and let everyone else deal with it.

I know I said I wanted to be strong and take down the hunters, but I don't know if I can anymore. I feel as though this numbness is going to leave me, almost like it's apart of me now. Like, this is who I am. What I am.

"Here you go." Theo whispered, placing a plate in front of me. I looked down at it and shook my head, slowly.

"Not hungry." I told him, staring at the food, wishing for it to disappear.

I can tell Theo is worried, because of his facial expression. Whenever he gets worried, his lips slightly twitch and his eyes get bigger. I've noticed that look quite a bit lately.

"Liam, you need something. You haven't eaten all day and yesterday you barely touch any of your food. I know you're stressed out and worried, but you have to eat." He looked at me, giving me the same lecture I've heard almost everyday.

I rolled my eyes and nodded, hoping that would be enough for him to let it go. He sat down next to me and began to eat, turning on his TV and putting on a movie. I didn't bother asking what we were watching, because I couldn't care less right now.

Everything I use to take interest in, didn't interest me anymore. Almost like they're not life threatening enough, because I've gotten use to the risk of death in my normal daily activities. Death doesn't even phase me anymore. Whenever I wake up, all I can think about is, 'is today the day, where it all ends'?

"How is it?" Theo asked me, smiling as I put some food on my fork.

"Really good." I lied, pretending to put the food into my mouth. "What is this exactly?" I asked him, trying to act like I was enjoying.

"Honestly, I don't know." He laughed, taking another bite. "Some leftovers from last night I guess."

I slightly laughed, moving the food around on my plate, trying to make it seem as though I had eaten more than I actually had. I pushed my plate aside, indicating that I was done eating. I could feel Theo's stare, burning into my skin, but I didn't turn around.

I can't put up with another lecture from him. Not now anyways. It's been a rough day today and all I want to do, is sleep. When I wake up in the morning, he can lecture me all he wants. Just not right now.

"Liam, you've barely eaten a thing. What's going on?" Theo asked me, looking more concerned than angry.

"You really wanna know?" I yelled, taking a deep breath in. "One of my friends betrayed me, my best friend is angry at me because I have to keep shutting him out, my house got shot up, my mom is terrify and so am I, everyday it gets worse, I've been shot twice now, I can't protect anyone and you keep bugging me about eating! I am not hungry!" I yelled, biting my bottom lip as my eyes started to water.

"Liam." He whispered, looking at me confused. "Why haven't you talked to me?"

"Saying what? That I'm terrified that I can't protect you? That everyday, I have this terrible fear that won't go away?" I asked him, unsure of what he wanted me to talk about.

"Everything." He whispered, standing up and walking over to me.

I looked up at him and let out a shaky breath, letting myself fall into his arms. He wrapped them around me tightly, and rested his chin on the top of my head. I wrapped my arms around him and dug my head into his shoulder, hiding away from the world.

I took a shaky breath in, taking in Theo's scent. It made me feel safe, like it always does, even when I know I'm not. I pulled him closer to me, trying to fill in all the space between us. I felt his shirt get damp, from where my tears had fallen.

"Gross. I look so gross." I whispered, slightly laughing as I lifted up my head.

"You're beautiful." He smiled, wiping my tears with his thumb. "You are so fucking beautiful, Liam Dunbar."

I looked into his eyes and smiled, trying my best to stop my cheeks from going bright red. I looked down at the ground, as I felt them burning up.

"Hey, don't look away." He whispered, lifting my head back up.

"I love you so much." I smiled, realising what I had just said. I could tell Theo was shocked as well, but I just nodded. Letting him know, that I meant what I said.

"I love you too." He whispered, running his thumb along my jawline.

I leaned in slowly, pressing my nose against his. Because he was a little taller than me, I had to go onto my tippy-toes, in order to reach to reach his nose. I looked down at his lips and clenched my jaw, waiting for him to make the next move. Before I knew it, his lips were on mine.

He ran his hands through my hair, pulling on it slightly. I smiled into the kiss, running my hands down his back. He pulled away from my lips, moving along to my jawline. I smiled as he softly kissed down my jaw, trying not to laugh, as it did slightly tickle.

"Theo, you home?" Tara yelled out, walking towards his bedroom.

"Shit." He whispered, sighing as he rested his head on my shoulder. "Yeah, I'm in here!" He yelled out, running over to his bed and sitting back down with his food.

"I haven't seen you in ages." She laughed entering the room, shocked as soon as she saw me. "Hi. Who's this?" She asked Theo, pointing to me.

"Liam." He smiled, taking a bite of his food.

She smirked and looked at Theo, winking and giving him a thumbs up. I stood there awkwardly, smiling as I watched Theo roll his eyes in response.

"By the way, Liam. You got a little something there." She smirked, pointing to my jaw. "Well, I'm going out with some friends. You boys have fun, but not too much fun!" She yelled as she walked down the hall.

I looked at Theo shocked, laughing at what she just said. I tried to hide my bright red cheeks, but I'm pretty sure they're already to noticeable. I shook my head, laughing as I sat down next to Theo.

"How noticeable are they?" I laughed, referring to the hickeys Theo gave me.

"Not that bad." He lied, smiling as I rolled my eyes.

I moved over closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder. If there's one positive thing about today, it's that I noticed how much Theo means to me. He means more than I could of ever imagined and I already know that I want him in my life forever.

I need him in my life. He's my anchor. 

-------------------------------
Enjoy this cheesy, cringe chapter of these beautiful people xx
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR FREAKING 27K!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH ❤️❤️

Ps. I can't remember if this is the first time they say ily, but we're just gonna pretend it is 😂