Chapter 29

I woke up, to the feeling of pins and needles in my arm. I opened my eyes slowly and noticed how dark it was in my room. I looked down at my arm, and smiled when I saw Hayden lying on it. I could hear her little snores, and it made me laugh.

I lifted her head up slightly, making sure I didn't wake her up. I quickly moved my arm and placed her head back down on my pillow. I couldn't see her face probably, but I could still see it well enough to know, that even when she's asleep, she's absolutely beautiful.

I reached over to my bedside table and pulled my phone off charge, freezing when I felt Hayden move. I paused for a couple of seconds and waited for her to fall back asleep. Once I heard her little snores again, I turned back onto my back and turned on my phone. I squinted through the bright light and turned down the brightness.

I sighed when I saw I had no new messages, but I guess I'm used to it by now. People only ever really text, when I text them first. Hayden and Mason, are probably the only people who sometimes text me out of the blue.

"What are you doing?" Hayden whispered, resting on one of her elbows, and rubbing her eye with her other hand. "What's the time?"

"I couldn't sleep and it's, 4 in the morning." I smiled, watching as she flopped back down onto my bed. "Go back to sleep."

"Ok." She whispered, turning onto her side and falling back asleep almost instantly.

I put my phone back on my bedside table, and decided I was thirsty. I pushed the blankets off me slowly, trying not to wake her up again. Once I successfully did that, I went over to my door and slowly opened it, looking back at Hayden, making sure she didn't move. I quickly ran out my door and made my way for the stairs.

I've also got to be careful going down stairs, because my parent's room is downstairs. It's at the other end of the house, but my Mom is a super light sleeper. Once I accidentally dropped my phone, and then my mom came rushing into my room, wondering what happened. I don't know if she's like that, because she's so protective, or if she just worries to much about me.

I made my way towards my parents room, seeing if they were home, or if they decided to stay at the hospital. The door was half closed, but I could hear two heartbeats. I smiled, thinking about how both my parents are home at the same time. It's normally rare for that to happen, but ever since we moved, it's happened quiet regularly.

I slowly made my way back towards the kitchen, so I could get a drink. I walked into the living room and looked over at the coffee table, noticing my bottle of water from earlier on. I grabbed it and threw it up in the air, catching it and smiling. I walked back over to the bottom of the stairs and stopped when I heard something coming from the kitchen.

It could just be Cosmo, but then again, it didn't sound like a noise a cat would make. It sounded like something getting unlocked, but then again, I wasn't really paying any attention. I investigated the kitchen to see if I could see anything, but I couldn't see a thing. It was pitch black in there, except for the tiny bit of moonlight coming through the door and windows.

I looked around and made sure no one in the house was around me. I flashed my eyes, and looked back into the kitchen, taking a better look in there now. I couldn't see anyone, but I could still hear noises. It was coming from the door, and I've never picked a lock before, but that's what it sounded like.

I took a deep breath in, switched from my werewolf eyes, to my normal eyes. I started making my way towards the kitchen, slowly and making sure I wasn't in sight. The closer I got, the louder the noises got. I was almost in the kitchen, when I stopped.

The noises also stopped, but I know why they did. Whoever was out there, had successfully unlocked the door, because now I can hear the wind and the little squeak the door normally makes, when you open it. I held my breath when I saw whoever it was, but they didn't see me. I didn't see their face, because of what they were wearing.

They were wearing all black, and their hoodie was hiding their face. I watched as they closed the door behind them, and I took this as an opportunity to go and hide, but not run away. I quickly ran back into the living room, and hide behind the wall, getting ready from whoever was in my kitchen. I could hear their footsteps getting closer, and I was ready.

I can see their shadow, and I can already tell that whoever it is, they're taller than me. A thought crossed my mind, and then I felt like I couldn't breathe. What happens if it's a hunter, and they're here to kill me? I mean, obviously I'm awake, and I'm ready to kill them first, but what happens if he's not the only one here.

I'm not just assuming it's a guy, but by the way his body is built, I can tell it's a guy. I took a deep breath in, and as soon as I saw their foot, I jumped out from behind the wall, and threw a punch. I was either expecting a gun to my head, a gun going off, or someone yelling in pain, but instead something happened that I didn't expect.

I stood there shocked, as the guy grabbed my hand. I snatched back my hand, ready to throw another punch, but then he took off his hoodie. I stood there, my fist in the air, and then I felt like I couldn't breathe. I dropped my arm and smiled.

"Theo." I whispered, walking over to him and embracing him in a hug. "I've missed you so much, where have you been? Is this a dream? Are you real? Oh my gosh, are you okay?" I started bombarding him with questions, not giving him a chance to explain.

"I'll explain everything, but you need to un-" He started to explain, getting cut off by my mum yelling out my name.

"Liam, sweetie, what are you doing out there?" My mom asked me, opening her door and making her way towards me.

I turned away from Theo and walked out in-front of the hallway. I watched as she made her way towards me, and I smiled, making sure it didn't look like I was hiding anything.

"I just need a glass of water." I told her, blocking her way of getting through to the kitchen.

"Liam, move please." She looked me in the eyes, pushing me out of the way and making her way towards the kitchen. "Did you need to get a drink of water with the door opened?" She asked me, pointing to the opened door and rolling her eye.

I looked down at her and forced out a fake laugh, watching as the door swayed, back and forth. I knew that if I stopped laughing, I would start crying, and I can't cry. Not when I know, he will come back for me.