Chapter 40

I rolled over and exhaled deeply, rubbing my eyes as I slowly opened them. I don't know what time it is, but I'm guessing it's still pretty early, judging by the sky. The sun is only just rising and it's still pretty dark out there.

I look down at Theo and smile, watching his chest rise and fall with every breath that he takes. I threw the blanket off me and slowly made my way to the end of the bed. I look behind me and read the time on my clock; 6:48.

"Theo." I whisper, tapping his leg. "We have to start getting ready for school."

"No." He moaned, turning onto his side and covering his face with the blanket.

I smiled and jumped off the bed, walking over beside him and tapping his shoulder. He shrugged me off and tried to go straight back to sleep. I sighed and grabbed his shoulder, turning him onto his back and placing my lips onto his.

I can tell he didn't expect that, because it took him a couple of seconds to kiss me back. I ran my hand through his hair, whilst his ran down my back, sending shivers all through my body.

"Well good morning to you." He croaked out, sitting up stretching out his arms. "I need to come over here more often."

"You do." I smiled, getting up walking over to my wardrobe.

I grabbed a shirt and some jeans, not really caring if they didn't match. Even though I got over seven hours of sleep, I'm still exhausted. I don't fell like I have the energy to do anything.

"I'll start making breakfast." Theo told me, getting out of bed and going downstairs.

I smiled as he walked passed, but lost my smile as soon as he was out of sight. The last thing I want to do right now, is eat. I know I have to, but I don't feel hungry and I don't think I can, knowing that Hayden is still out there and that I have to go to school and look at Nolan and Gabe all day.

I threw on my outfit and went downstairs, taking two at a time. I entered the kitchen and smiled, watching Theo cook whatever it is that he's cooking. I walked over to him and looked over his shoulder, watching as he flipped the pancake.

"Where'd you learn to cook?" I asked him, noticing a plate of bacon next to him.

"I learnt from my Mom and sister. I learnt most things from them." He told me, grabbing a new plate and putting some bacon, a couple of pancakes and a pile of scrabbled eggs on it. "Here you go." He handed me the plate, smiling.

I forced a smile and went over to the kitchen table, sitting down and staring down at the food. I picked up my fork and stabbed the eggs, I looked at them and shook them off my fork, stabbing into the pancake.

"What else did you learn from them?" I asked him, looking up from my food.

"I learnt basically everything from them. How to cook, clean, ride a bike, shoot a ball into a hoop, how to talk to guys." He looked at me, a smirk appearing on his face.

I felt my cheeks flush a bright pink, but I didn't hide them. I'm done hiding things from, Theo. I want him to be able to see me for who I truly am and I want him to see me like this.

I smiled and looked back down at my food, cutting things up into tiny pieces. Theo came over to the table, sitting directly across from me. He picked up his knife and fork and starting eating immediately. I sat there and watched him, moving my food around the plate, trying to work up an appetite. Theo shorty caught on, because now he isn't eating and he's just staring at me.

"Is it nice?" He asked me, pointing to my food, whilst taking a drink of his juice.

"It actually is." I looked at him, smiling and trying to make it seem like I've actually eaten some. "I'm just not a big morning person and I normally don't eat breakfast, but when I do I get full really easy." I told him, stretching the truth slightly.

"Okay." He whispered, picking up my plate. "I trust you." I placed his plate on top and took them over to the sink.

I nodded and went into my bathroom, brushing my hair and teeth. Once I was done, I went back into the kitchen.

"You can go get ready now, I'm finished." I let Theo know, sitting on a bar stool.

He nodded, walking off into the bathroom. I waited for him to finish and once he was, we went outside and jumped in his car. I would normally walk to school, but I can't be bothered and Theo offered to drive us both there.

Once we got to school, I got out of the car and headed straight for the front doors. I didn't come here today to learn, I came here for one thing and one thing only. To find Nolan and Gabe and find out where they're keeping Hayden.

I can hear Theo calling out to me behind me, but I ignore him. I don't want to have to explain what I'm doing and then have him try to stop me. I know what I want to do and nothing can change my mine now.

I entered the hallway and pushed through everyone, keeping an eye and ear out for Nolan or Gabe. The one good thing about them is, wherever one is, the other one is right by there side. I made my way towards the gym, making sure I didn't miss them if they walked passed me.

I entered the gym and smiled when I saw Gabe in the corner, getting changed into his lacrosse uniform. He didn't notice me until I slammed the door shut and locked it behind me. I don't know if Nolan is in here with him, but as long as I have one of them.

"If it isn't Liam Dumbar." He laughed at his own joke, obviously trying to hide his fear.

"It's Dunbar. Now I have a few questions for you. You obviously know what I am and what I'm capable of. I ask you a question, you answer it correctly and no one gets hurt." I smiled, raising my hand and showing him my claws. "You lie and you'll see what these bad boys can do."

"You don't scare me, Dumbar." He nervously laughed, looking at my claws and smiling.

"Maybe not, but I will soon." I ran over to him and connected my fist with his jaw.

I watched as he fell to his feet, a small smile spreading across my face. I kicked him in the ribs and then grabbed him by his collar, looking into his eyes and punching him directly in the nose. I heard it crunch, and knew that I had broken it. I smiled and took a deep breath in, letting go of his shirt, by throwing him into the ground.

He coughed and blood come out of his mouth, clearly showing that I might have taken this to far. He rolled over onto to his side and spit out the blood in his mouth, taking a sharp breath in, holding his ribs.

"Where is she?" I asked him, watching as my fist started to heal.

"I don't know." He choked out, looking up at me.

"Where is she!" I yelled, punching him in the face again. His body went limp and I knew that he was unconscious.

I let go of him and watched as his chest rise and fall. I didn't kill him, I could of, but I didn't. I turned my attention to the door when I heard someone trying to get in. I knew it was either Scott or Theo, because I heard the door handle break off.

I looked away as soon as I saw Theo run in, his eyes wide open with shock when he saw Gabe on the ground. He looked up at me, as if asking me if he's dead. I shook my head and sat down on one of the benches, looking at all the blood on my fist, clothes, the ground even. I took it too far, but I can't let him think this is okay.

We need to be sending a message of our own to the hunters. We can't let them do this to us. We need to end this all now. Theo took a deep breath out and came and sat down next to me. He looked at me and slowly nodded.

"We'll work this out together." He told me, placing his hand on my knee. "You're not alone in this."

I wanted to agree with him, but he's wrong. I am in this by myself.

—————————-
It's my birthday today, so here's a new chapter 😊❤️