Chapter 60

I grabbed a bottle of water out of the backpack and threw it back over my shoulders. Hiking is fun and gets you out and about for awhile, but it's also extremely tiring. Walking up a hill all morning, the occasional unstable rock, falling over and having to get back up, it's tiring.

I've lost counts how many times I've fallen over, but I know for a fact I've fallen over the most. If I didn't heal instantly, you'd be able to tell but as I do, you would think I haven't fallen over once.

"You want some?" I asked Theo, handing him the water.

"Thanks." He smiled, stopping as he took a sip of water. "Here."

I took it back off him and took a mouthful, panting as I swallowed it. I readjusted my hat and kept walking with Theo, grabbing his hand as he lifted me up a wall of rocks. I thought hiking was just walking up a steep hill, but apparently I'm wrong. So far on this hike we've walked through a shallow lake, climbed up rocks, walked up a steep hill and even walked through a cave.

Last night I was really looking afford to this, but now all this has made me realise is how much I hate sports. The only sport I like and can put up with is obviously, Lacrosse. Not only is it fun and enjoyable, but I'm actually good at it and I know what I'm doing. During this hike, Theo has helped me most of the way. He's pulled me up the rocks and even gave me a piggyback for awhile.

"I can see them!" Allison yelled, jumping up and down as she pointed over to them.

"Finally!" I yelled back, sighing as I looked over at them.

One thing for sure is the water at the bottom of the rocks, looks breathtaking. Today is one of the hottest days, and hiking to get here took a good 2 hours, and I'm sweating like a pig. The only thing on my mind right now is getting to those rocks and jumping off.

"First one to the top, remember?" Allison smiled, turning around and running towards them.

I looked at Theo and then back at Allison, confused as to how she had so much energy. I know that she's athletic and goes on a run at least 5 days a week, but how can someone be that athletic? Like, I'm a supernatural creature and it takes me awhile to get tired and puffed out, so I don't understand how someone can do it.

"Yeah, you can win this one." I told her, shrugging my shoulders as she started running towards the top.

"She really does have a lot of energy." Theo laughed, grabbing my hand and pulling me up some more rocks.

"Thanks." I whispered, slightly out of breath. "I honestly can't wait to get in the water."

"You have to jump first. You ready for that?" He asked me, walking over to the edge of the rocks.

"I was born ready." I looked over at him, watching as he slowly lost his smile. "This is your first time jumping, isn't it?"

I didn't even need an answer to this question, because I could read it on his face and I can remember him telling me something about it. He was always too scared to jump and they haven't came here in years, so he's never had a chance jump off.

I walked over to him and grabbed his hand, nodding as he smiled at me. I listened to his heart and waited for it to slow down, before I continued to talk.

"How about on the count of three, we'll jump together?" I watched as his smile grew back, showing off his dimples.

"Sound good," he whispered. "Thanks."

"Who's going first?" Allison yelled out, looking around at us all.

I looked up at Theo and saw him shaking his head slightly. I knew what he meant by this and I was fine with going last. At least it will give him time to adjust to doing it. I shook my head as well, squeezing Theo's hand tighter.