Chapter 71

After the whole boyfriend question, things between Theo and I haven't been the best. He hasn't looked at me once and whenever I asked him something, he'll either give a blunt answer or start talking to someone else. I knew I should of told my mom. Even if it wasn't the best timing, I still should of told her or at least dropped some more hints.

I finished up my conversation and food, washed the dishes and then said goodnight to everyone. Theo's already gone to bed and I'm pretty sure he doesn't really want to see me at the moment. I gave my mum and kiss and a hug and gave Matt a handshake and quick hug. A" I was walking up the stairs I started thinking about what I was going to say to Theo.

Do I just leave it and let it all pass in it's own time or will that just make it worse? Maybe I should tell him there hasn't been anytime for me to do it? Maybe I should just let him yell at me and express all his emotions on me. Or maybe I should just tell him the truth. I haven't had enough time or found the right time to tell them and I don't even know how to tell him. Because then at least if he's made at me it won't be because of a lie. It will be because of the truth.

"Hi." I whispered as I opened my door, walking in on his taking his shirt off.

"Hi." He whispered back, standing there staring at me.

As soon as I walked into the door I could see how upset he was. I don't know if it's because they still don't know about me or if it's because I lied about them knowing. I know it must be hard for his as well though with his dad being so unsupportive with it all. Like he's seen how supportive my parents are and I still haven't told them, where as he has no to support him.

Only his sister, but with him living here and not being allowed back at him that's not going to be easy for them to see each other. Especially with her now owning the restaurant as well. She'll barely have enough free time to visit him or meet up somewhere with him and that's going to absolutely destroy him. I know how much Tara means to him and without her in his life, it's going to crush him.

I went to apologise to him and ask him if everything was ok between us, but nothing came out. There was just an awkward silence lingering in the air. I went over to my bed and sat down, looking down at my feet. I could feel the anger and sadness radiating off and I was waiting for him to say something, even yell something back he said nothing.

Just stood there shirtless with his sweatpants on. I found the courage to finally looked up at him, tears fogging up my eyes. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, waiting for the tears to leave. I don't want to cry in front of him, especially when it should be him who's crying. He's the one who's been lied to and the one who's had to lie to his boyfriends parent's about their relationship. So if anything, he should be the one crying.

But he's not even doing that. He's not doing anything. Just standing there, staring at the ground, avoiding all eye contact with me. I slowly stood up, walking over to him and standing in front of his. I took a couple shaky breaths in and out and placed my hand on his chin, lifting his head up so he was looking at me. I looked at him and I could already tell that what I've done has really hurt him.

Not only am I lying about Theo and I, but he also is. Theo has to lie to my parents and act like we're just friends, even though we're clearly not. He got kicked out of his house because of us and he has no support, where as I do and I still haven't told them. I understand why he's angry at me.

"They don't know?" He asked me, finally breaking the silence. "You told me that you told them, but they still don't know. Why?"

"I'm so sorry, Theo." I lowered my voice, moving my hand from his chin to his cheek. "I know this is going to sound like the worst excuse, but I just haven't had time. With them being a work and stuff with the hunters, there's been no time. Not to mention either that I have no idea how to tell them."

He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders, walking over to my bed and getting in. He moved over next to the wall and patted the spot next to him. I walked over to him and smiled, getting in next to him, hugging him as I got in. I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest.

I closed my eyes as he started running his hand through my hair, messing it up and twirling it around. I opened my eyes and looked up at him, resting my thumb just below his bottom lip, running it around in circles. I ran my hand down his neck and rested it on his chest, just next to my face.

"I love you know." I told him, lifting my head up to get a better look at him.

"I know," he responded, looking down at our hands.

"I will tell them," I smiled, entwining our hands together. "That's a promise I'm going to keep."

He looked at me and smiled, nodding his head. I pushed myself up slightly, hovering over him. I looked at his eyes and then back down to his lips, closing my eyes as our lips connected. I slightly smiled into the kiss, running my hand down his side.

I could hear my parents downstairs, walking around the kitchen, cleaning up after dinner. As the kiss got deeper and more intense, they just faded away. Before I knew it, it was just Theo and I. They didn't even matter at this point.

Just me and Theo, together alone. No worries, safe in my room, no one watching us or trying to shoot at us. Just us in each others arms.