Part 13

Roger's POV
I woke up with a start; someone was shaking me. "Roger! Wake up, we have to go!" Brian's voice filled my ears and I opened my eyes to see the curly-haired man towering over me. "Brian! What're you doing here! Oh nevermind... where's the bathroom?" I said and he guided me up the stairs and towards the door.

"Why did I sleep on a couch? I never do that..." I mumbled to myself, I genuinely couldn't remember coming back home. There was a round of knocks on the door and it opened slowly, "see if these fit..." Brian said and handed me a little pile of folded clothes.

I pulled off my other clothes from yesterday and quickly got dressed into the ones Brian gave me. There was a pair of black jeans and a shirt that looked a little too big... hang on... those are Brian's clothes? I messed about with my hair to make it look presentable and rushed out of the bathroom, my clothes in hand.

"Ready?" Brian was stood at the front door waiting for me. He opened the door and led me outside for the little walk to the studios. "Had a good sleep?" He asked when we started down the road and I nodded, "yeah, got a bit of a crick in my neck but not too bad. How about you?"

He smiled, "better than most nights to be honest..." as the words left his mouth, I felt a little blush creep up my cheeks, I just smiled back anyway. "Good... how much d'you think we're gonna get done today? I bet... the one from a few days ago and one more we'll do." I said and he hummed. "Okay, I bet that last one and two more!" He said and I stuck out my hand which he shook.

"Deal. Two drinks are bought by the loser for the winner..." I said and he smiled, I could tell he didn't want to let go but he kinda had to... it was getting a little awkward. "Deal..." He said and finally let go. I felt his hand brush against the back of mine a few times and had to resist the urge to grab it.

We got to the the studios in a flash, not really... it was so slow because all I wanted to do was grab Brian's hand and take him anywhere except work. But we had to go, Fred and John were probably already waiting for us.

We didn't really want to go in together so Brian made a little plan, "I'll go in first and you wait out here for a few minutes then come in... just so they don't think we did anything..." he said and I nodded a little, grinning at how child-like he was. He gave me a small pat on the head and went through the double doors, heading in to see the other two.

I stayed outside like the guitarist wanted until I thought it was enough time to make it believable and went through where he had gone a few minutes ago. I pulled open the door and headed down the corridor, waving hello to the lady near the desk as I passed, to where the other three were.

I was greeted by a steaming Freddie, "hello dear, John! Tell him your joke! It's so bad!" He said, Jesus I thought it was something serious! John came over to me and was grinning like an idiot, "Okay... I said I have an addiction to cheddar cheese..." I made a face and his grin widened, "Wait for it... but it's ONLY MILD!" He bursts into a fit of laughter and cackles loudly.

Fred was with Brian in the other room so he didn't hear John's god-awful joke but I had to. "That was awful Deaks... get a better joke mate..." I said and he carried on laughing, flopping down in a chair and slapping his knees. "I'm sorry!" He forced out between giggles, "I know it's awful! But that's why it's funny!" He screeched and bent over, holding his stomach.

I left him to calm down and went in with Freddie and Brian, "he told you it didn't he..." Freddie said in a slightly annoyed tone and I nodded, "knew it. He thinks it's bloody hilarious if you can't tell but it's so shit..." he said and I saw Brian smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Anyway... me and cheese boy've decided to do that other song again... not the backing but the voice. I didn't think it sounded right so we were going to try double tracking me instead of having you." He said and I nodded, both me and Brian left to let him get on with it.