Part 75

(The next morning)
Brian's POV
Everyone was up bright and early and by eight the four of us were walking along the rank of shops to look for somewhere that sold swimwear. I had spotted a small shop on the corner that had a load of inflatables outside and saw a few ladies' swimming costumes in the window and all of us headed over to just check it out.

Freddie poked his head in and had a look around then came out and gave us the thumbs up, "it's tucked right away in the corner, go and pick a size" he said then went back into the shop with all three of us in tow. The shopkeeper looked positively shocked to see us, staying frozen to the spot and staring at us, until I looked over at him and he turned away quickly.

"I think we have a fan" I whispered to Roger and gestured towards the shopkeeper who I could see was staring again from the corner of my eye. The blonde turned around and smiled at me then kept shuffling behind John towards the swimwear section and started to pick out which ones he liked.

He chose two pairs and made me pick between them, one that was plain black and another that had black and white stripes along it. "Umm, I think all black would be alright for you...now what about me? I'll probably have to get drawstring ones" I said and looked over at the drawstring shorts but none of them looked small enough.

I ended up picking a lovely red pair that were apparently 'wonder fit' so I hoped it would live up to it's name and actually fit. Rog and Freddie were already at the counter and the shopkeeper looked like he was looking at two versions of God in front of him. It was quite funny to be honest.

I waited for John to pick out his trunks then went up behind the other two to pay for mine, making the shopkeeper look even more like a deer in headlights. I joined the other two who already had their stuff on the counter and were trying to make conversation with the shopkeeper whilst they waited for us.

John handed me his trunks and I put both of ours on the counter so we could all pay as one. Even though we didn't really have to pay all as one, we liked to because it brought back a bit of the old days. See, when we'd go shopping, everyone would put their stuff up and then we'd split it four ways and pay what we could. And obviously we never changed.

All four of us got our money out after we were told it would be £20 if we used our own money, "well that's easy, everyone gets five and that's it" John mumbled and I hummed as we each handed five pounds to Freddie who then handed them to the shopkeeper.

He smiled awkwardly and passed back our stuff then, just as we were about to leave, he asked the question that I was waiting for, "um, you aren't Queen, are you?" He mumbled and I saw a grin on Freddie's face.

"No, darling...we just look exactly like them" Freddie said then pointed at Roger, "this is Rupert, that's Bob and him at the back, he doesn't talk very much, mind you, he's Jim" Freddie pointed at the rest of us then looked back at the shopkeeper who was laughing, "no, I'm only joking...I'm sure you've worked it out"

The man nodded and stuck out a hand for each of us to shake, "I did, actually...I was waiting to see what you'd call yourself" he said and shook Roger's hand as Freddie looked back at me and smiled.

"Well, I think I'd be Melina" he said and the shopkeeper simply nodded and shook his hand, "lovely choice, um...I'm sorry but could you sign something for me?" He asked, reaching between Roger and Freddie to shake my hand, as all four of us hummed. He quickly got out a little book and found a clear page then gave the two boys at the front a pen.

He then reached over and shook John's hand who winced a little when the plaster on his finger caught on the shopkeeper's sleeve. I stepped forwards to sign in the little book and saw that both of the others had wrote a little message so decided to write one of my own, regardless if he could read it or not.