Part 98

Smut bebs, sorry
Brian's POV
Both boys came out looking particularly unhappy and Roger didn't even smile when he saw me, just grunted and slammed his forehead into my chest. John followed him and went straight over to Ron and gave her a long hug.

I felt Roger start to move a little before he looked up at me with sadness in his eyes, "what's wrong? I wasn't listening for the last part so what happened?" I asked and he groaned again. "He kept asking us about Fred, being like 'what's it like to do something with the Freddie Mercury' and 'why does he do this or that' and I'm just fed up of it" he said and I heard John make a noise after he finished.

"I'm just fed up of this shit, it's like they don't care that they're interviewing us and not Fred because they can't get him" he said and John groaned before the Deacon clan left. "Fuck it, should we go home?" Roger asked and looked up at me as I nodded a little.

His hand snuck into mine as we walked out to the car then, as soon as I got in, a long and loud beep came from the car. "Rog, Roger! Get your head off" I shouted and tried to pull his head off the steering wheel but he just pushed into it harder.

"No...leave me alone" he mumbled then groaned loudly before he started smacking his head on the wheel. I put my hand between so he wouldn't do any damage then tried to hold his head up but he kept trying to fight against me, "Bri, seriously, leave me alone" he said then put his head on the window.

— a while later —

I'd walked home because Roger was being ridiculous but I was actually starting to worry about him because he was taking a long time to get home when it only takes ten minutes normally. I walked out to the kitchen then picked up the phone and dialled John just to check he wasn't there.

It rang for a little while then someone picked up and I heard a bit of background noise before Ron answered, "hello? Who is this?"

"It's Brian, hi" I said and twirled the cord around my fingers

"Hi Brian, um, can you just give me a minute? Sorry, we've got a bit of trouble"

"No, no, carry on"

It crackled for a while then I heard people talking and a few noises I couldn't make out before I heard an unfamiliar cry and Ron picked up the phone again, "I'm sorry Bri, what was it you wanted?" she said and I hummed

"I just wondered if Roger had popped in or anything, has he?"

"No, sorry...I haven't seen him since we left"

"Oh, okay, thank you. Go and sort yourselves, see you sometime Ron"

"See you Brian, bye bye" she put the phone on the hanger but it didn't hang up so I could hear everything that was going on.

I heard distant crying and a distressed voice saying things I couldn't quite understand then I heard a small voice say loudly, "mummy...why's daddy c'ying?" And Ron simply replied with, "he's a bit upset from that man we saw, just leave him for a little while"

My jaw dropped and I hung up before I heard anything more private and something I shouldn't have heard. "Jesus, this must've been bad to set both of them off" I mumbled, "now where else would Roger go?" I asked myself then picked up the phone again and dialled the new number Fred gave me for his place.

It rang once then Fred picked up and answered in a very camp voice, "Chez Mercury, who may I be speaking to?"

"It's Brian, Fred, don't be so posh you twat" I said and heard a scoff before both of us laughed

"Well, I can't help being posh, dear, but what is it you're wanting from me now?" He asked and I hummed a little to make it seem like I was thinking.