Part 76

I apologise in advance...
(Three weeks later)
Roger's POV
Brian had been weird these past few weeks. He hadn't kissed me on the lips or even told me he loved me when I'd said it to him, he would just say "yeah" and sort of brush it off like that didn't mean anything. Like the three words I'd waited so long to hear from him were completely worthless now and they really weren't, they still gave me tingles every time he said them and it felt so great.

I tried not to think of it and acted normally, giving him kisses and telling him I love him, but whenever he was out of the room my mind would wander down the dark alley of 'maybe he doesn't love me anymore' and stay there sometimes which put me in a seriously shitty mood.

But that's not now, we were on a bus about halfway through a thirteen hour drive and ferry trip home and we were balls deep in a game of scrabble. "Time to start getting ready, lads, the ferry's about ten minutes away" our tour manager turned around to us and a collective groan went up as we carefully packed away the game so not much was moved and chose who was going to carry it.

We did rock, paper, scissors and did a sort of tournament. I went against John and won with scissors to his paper then played Freddie in the winner's tournament as we called it and lost against him. "C'mon Bri! You can do this, lose!" John shouted as Freddie and Brian went against each other, whoever won this was carrying it.

"Okay, fair game boys, no cheating! Do 1, 2, 3, shoot..." John said and the two counted down then showed. Brian pulled paper and Freddie pulled a rock. "Oh, unlucky Bri...I guess you're carrying it" John smiled and Brian let out a jokey groan as he flopped his arms onto the table.

"Oh well, one extra box can't hurt" he said and got his bag from under his chair and slung the strap over his shoulder so he was ready to get out first. I got mine out as well and rested it on my lap as all the people at the front started to pass back the tickets to get onto the ferry.

I got mine first out of the four of us at the back then as soon as everyone had theirs, we were asking each other what seat they got and trying to work out how close our stuff would be and everything. I was space number 27, Brian was number 29, Freddie was number 28 and John was number 26. "Oh, we're all together then...that's alright. If there's a top deck then we could go up and leave our stuff" I said and the three nodded.

"Yeah, just in case we get a bit of sun I put my trunks in my bag. I could whip 'em out and have a bit of a tan by the time we get back" John said and Freddie rolled his eyes. "We're going back to England, John...it's not like there's going to be much sun there" he said and John giggled a little.

"Well, you never know! The weather in Spain might've blown over to us!" He said and I heard Brian laughing a little as a smile spread across my face and Freddie slapped his forehead with his hand and started laughing. "Alright, you never know but get a tan, really? You'll never fucking get a tan in this!" He said and pointed out the window behind us.

It must've been our luck because it was actually sunny outside and it was getting a bit warm in the bus so maybe it was hot outside. Let's just hope... 

— 20 minutes later —

We had gotten onto the ferry with very little hassle except for someone almost leaving their bag on the bus. If you guessed Fred, you're wrong. John was so engrossed in talking about something to one of the crew that he forgot his bag was still under his seat and had to climb over the chairs to get back and get it.