Part 90

Roger's POV
We got through the drive home without any arguments with anyone or smothering them in Fred's case. He wouldn't shut up the entire way home about his cats then fell asleep and I won't lie, I was extremely tempted to smother him with a pillow so he wouldn't complain anymore but I remembered we sort of needed him alive to give us a job and didn't do it.

The bus was pulling my car behind with some of our valuables inside so once everyone had their things from my boot and back seat, I hopped in and waved Brian over to the window who was about to phone for a taxi, "get in, you're coming with me" I said and he put his guitar case in the back and sat in the front with me.

"Would you like me to take you home or may I have the honour of 'hanging out' with my fiancée?" I asked and he smiled a little and turned to me, "I think hanging out sounds good" he said and I kissed his cheek then started the engine and drove home with Brian singing in the seat next to me to keep us entertained.

He was doing all different songs, some of ours that he still messed up on and some from other people that both of us loved, and after a little while of him singing I joined in until right at the end of our song 'funny how love is'.

We got to the line 'if you gotta make love do it everywhere' and I wound down the window and shouted it at the top of my lungs as Brian went a bright red and started giggling, "Rog! Don't shout that!" He said then looked at me, "scream it!" He shouted then laughed loudly as we pulled onto my street.

"Nah, I've already had too many noise complaints from the neighbours" I said and Brian nodded a little as I reversed back onto my driveway then stopped the engine and got out. I made it look like I was going inside then rushed around to the door and opened it to let Brian out.

"You thought I was gonna leave you in here, didn't you?" I said and he nodded a little and took my hand before I helped him out then went into the back and got out his guitar, "go on in, I'll bring in your baby" I said and handed him the keys which he took to the door and opened it with.

He went inside and I followed him in with his guitar on my back, being careful not to hit it on the doorframe, then placed it down in the living room, "Bri? Where are you?" I called and he poked his head out from the kitchen, "oh, I thought you'd gone to the loo or something" I said and he smiled and came out into my view.

"No, um, I was just gonna get myself some water" he said and I nodded, "That's fine but I'd like to have a little chat in the living room" I said and he nodded slightly then disappeared into the kitchen. I made my way into the living room and kicked off my shoes before I plopped down on the couch and out my feet up.

I heard the tap running then it stopped and Brian strode into the room with a glass in his hand then moved my legs off of the couch, sat down then put my legs on top of his. "I'm ready, what did you want?" He said and stroked my ankles as I sat up a little and got ready to ask him.

"Well...since we're both in different houses and that kid could come anytime soon, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to...move in here?" I said, my voice getting quieter with every word, and a smile spread across his face as he held my ankle and took a sip of his water.

He took a while to have a drink then looked me in the eyes and smiled, "I would love to" he said then grabbed the small of my back and pulled me onto his lap with a little groan and supported my back as I put my arms around his neck.

I moved his hair out of the way then kissed his cheek gently, "when would be good for you to help me get my stuff in here?" He asked and I thought for a second before I looked him in the eye, "today wouldn't be bad...unless you don't want to do it that quick, I understand if you don't I just-" I rambled until a finger was pressed to my lips and Brian was smiling at me.