Part 69

(The next morning: 4 AM)
Brian's POV
I rolled over, expecting to see the face of my sleeping boyfriend but was instead greeted by an empty bed. I rubbed my eyes and saw that all the lights were on in the room and light was streaming through where the door should be, "god, don't say he's left it open" I croaked and slowly got out of bed.

I leaned over and saw that, as I thought, Roger had left the door wide open. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair before I stood up and got my balance then grabbed my coat and wrapped it around me to keep myself warm.

I did up all the buttons then slowly made my way out of the door and made sure it was locked behind me so nobody could get in and steal anything, you know how some people are.

"He better not have gone far. He's gonna get it if he's walked out" I mumbled and started down the stairs just to check that he wasn't in his favourite place; the bar.

I almost fell ass over tit down the stairs but managed to catch myself on the bannister and haul myself into a standing position again. "This better be worth it, I feel like a tramp and probably look like one as well" I said and finally got to the bottom of the stairs and into the main lobby of the hotel.

I went over to the bar area and looked at all the people sat around it but couldn't find Roger anywhere. I cursed under my breath and moved on to the casino where I seriously hoped I wouldn't find him.

The smell of cigarettes and alcohol wafted around me as I weaved through the various tables and betting machines in the room until I spotted a familiar tuft of blonde hair poking out from behind a crowd.

"God, Rog...why here of all places?" I muttered and stormed over to the other side of the crowd so he could see me then slowly made my way towards him until he spotted me and his mouth dropped open in slight shock.

I went up behind the man he was playing against and tapped his shoulder, "'scuse me...don't mind if I take your opponent out of the game, we need to get going" I said and he turned around to me and simply nodded as Roger stared at me from across the table.

"That was good game, thank you" the man said to Roger in a strong German accent as he got up and laid down all of the cards in his hand, "thank you, sorry about this" Roger slurred and stumbled around the table to me then draped himself on me when I was within reach.

I walked him out fo the casino and to the stairwell so I could sit him down and see what he'd done. He flopped onto the stairs and looked at me with a huge grin on his face as I took the sunglasses from his eyes and saw his huge pupils, "Rog! What did I tell you? You need to stop this!" I scolded but he only looked at me dazedly.

"What did you take, show me" I said and he reached into his pocket and drew out a packet of powder. "Oh, for fuck's sake! Stop with this, you'll overdo it one day and I bet you'll regret it when you're stuck in hospital" I said and put the packet in my coat pocket so I could throw it away when we got out of the hotel.

"Hmm...hospital isn't bad" he mumbled and I felt tears prick in my eyes. I told myself it was only the drugs talking but somehow that didn't quite convince me like it used to, I mean it was this sort of situation that started our whole relationship off.

I got that thought straight out of my head and focused on getting Roger upstairs and back into bed where he couldn't get any more intoxicated. "Right, I need you to work with me on this one. You can lean on me if you need but you have to walk" I said and Roger nodded slightly as he tried to get up but only slipped down the stairs.