Part 96

Brian's POV
John called me early in the morning and reminded me about what was going on a little later. I couldn't stop smiling as he told me what was going on then tried not to laugh as he told me Roger had to be there about ten minutes earlier than the time it said on the letter and to get him up soon.

"I sure will, John, I'll be there as well so I'll see you down there" I said and heard a small hum before we both said goodbye and hung up the phone, "but for now the grumpy guts needs to wake up" I said to myself then crept into the kitchen, grabbed two pots, then headed up the stairs.

I stayed as quiet as I could as I snuck into the bedroom and stood at the foot of the bed then raised the pots and started clanging them together as I began to run around the room, "ROGER! ROGER WAKE UP, WE'RE LATE!" I shouted and he shot up and out of the bed quicker than I'd ever seen him before.

He rushed to the bathroom and literally threw water over himself then came out with his face in a towel and threw off his clothes, rubbing his eyes at the same time to try and see what he was doing, as I kept shouting at him, "come on! We're gonna be late!"

He threw on his clothes and ruffled his hair then darted out of the bedroom, throwing a bit of gum in his mouth, and ran down the stairs as fast as his little legs would take him as I followed behind. He rushed to find his car keys and house keys then suddenly stopped and turned towards me.

"Brian...what exactly are we late for?" He asked and cocked his head a little as he stared at me.

"Well, you'd be late for a radio interview with John and I would be late with seeing the hilarity that was" I said and his face of confusion turned to one of embarrassment and slight anger as he ran around me and jumped on my back and started to ruffle my hair harshly until I stumbled back and hit the deck.

He shrieked as both of us fell then started laughing as we led on the kitchen floor and he got me in a headlock, "so you woke me up for nothing?" He said, looking down at me, and I nodded before he rolled his eyes and kissed my lips, "Well it's fine because I get to spend more time with you" he said and I smiled as he let me go.

"Anyway, where the hell are my damn glasses? I haven't seen them in days" he said and I didn't have to look far to spot them. "Um, they're closer than you think" I said and pointed in their direction but he still didn't see them, "want me to get them?" I asked and he nodded before I reached to the kitchen counter and grabbed them.

I cleaned them off on my shirt then had him look at me and gently slipped them onto his face, "you're getting better at that, it didn't go in my ear this time" he said and I smile proudly as he ruffled my hair, "I think you deserve a kiss for that" he mumbled and leaned forwards then kissed my cheek and patted the other.

I blushed lightly and looked over his face as he pulled away and we just sat on the kitchen floor together, "so, you said something about radio? I don't remember getting a phone call about it" he said and I shook my head, "they sent you a letter...hang on, I'll go and get it for you" I said then stood up and got the letter from the counter.

"Ooh, to mister Roger Taylor" he smiled as he saw the print on the front then pulled the letter out, "hello. Hi there" he smiled then kept reading, "we would like you to appear in an hour's slot on the eleventh of May at 10 AM with your bandmate John Deacon. Please come along at least ten minutes before we begin so we can get you set up and comfortable"

He looked at me as I sat on the floor then back at the letter, "what we were planning to do was a series of games throughout the hour so don't worry about bringing your dignity, it shall not be needed" he read then frowned and kept reading, "if you cannot make it then please contact us at blah blah blah or by something else, cheers!"