26.

26.
~
But he insists, he still stands up, "I'm gonna take you to your next class. Wait a second, I'm almost done with this."
He stuffs his mouth with salad greens and he's taking pretty long.
"I'm gonna go."
"No, wait for me. I'm gonna—"
"I'll be late for my next class."
"Fine. Okay. Okay love cake. I'll pick you after class.. okay?"
"Whatever. Just.. see you later."
His smile's brighter than I expected.
"See you love cake."
~
I walked away from all of the devilish eyes glaring at me at the school canteen. Everything's starting to heat up from what Shawn and I said to each other. The sweet nicknames, the holding hands and the cute arguments.
~
Before deciding to go straight to class, I know I should use the mirror in the restroom for a quick check.
I stare at my reflection, eventually it changes and I see him instead of me.
Smiling with those reddish lips, running his fingers through his brunette wavy hair.
This can't be happening. I'm starting to like him.
~
I switch the faucet on and washed my face, rubbed it hard enough to get him off of my mind.
~
Suddenly, I heard the same sounds of thumping to when Shawn pushed me and cornered me within the hallway walls.
~
As I glance at the mirror, my heart almost fell from the surprise I saw.
His ex girlfriend, with her friends standing beside her.
~
"You must be Shawn's new toy."
"What?"
She breathes and sighs, "Since when did you guys hooked up?"
~
Though my knees feels weak, I still stood up for Shawn and I's foundation of fake relationship.
"Since you cheated on him."
"He told you that? So sad for you and him if that's the case."
~
Her friends are just like dogs, guarding and watching her be a plastic.
~
"Do you love him?"
"What?!"
"Do you love him!?"
~
Now, my heart beats so fast it scares me.
~
"Yes. Yes, I do."
She giggles, "Too bad, 'cause I still like him too."
"What if he doesn't want you anymore?"
"Nonsense.." she squeezes her eyes like she's trying to figure something out, "You look familiar.."
~
In my head, I'm praying she doesn't get the picture of me at the library where I saw them making out, but no.
"Ah! It's you." She laughs, "You're that girl at the library. You're the one who saw us making out."