31.

31.
-
There's no denying, I'm in love with him.
~
I lie in my bed with his face bugging my mind. The way he looks at me, the way he wets his lips that I just want to kiss.
The way he calls me, I'm starting to get so deep.
Everything was about him until I fall asleep.
~
The next day at school, I haven't seen him and I've been longing to.
~
In class, the teacher announced a very important event.
The said event is a program for the whole school, where there will be stalls and booths, the students who will be picked will be the ones to handle the said stalls and booths.
The purpose of this is to earn money and donate it to the needy people.
~
And so, the reaping like from the Hunger Games book I read started.
~
"Lani Lungren." Ma'am Zusette announces as she spins her hand inside a small fishbowl filled with folded papers with our names in it, getting picked randomly.
"Caloca Khante." She calls again.
~
The picked students stands in front of the class while those who aren't, sits on their chairs, hoping they won't get picked.
~
She calls two more. I breathe with relief, thought that it was the last, but she spins her hand back in, one more time.
"Jaera Archer."
~
My eyes widen from shock. Everyone looks at me, this is so uncomfortable.
"Come on Jaera. Stand up."
"B-But ma'am—"
"There's no buts. Come up here."
I walked in front of the class with shaky hands.
~
"Let's give our representatives a round of applause, shall we?"
They smacked their hands so loud.
Ma'am Zusette walks to her table as she picks something under it.
It was another bowl with folded papers. She walks to us and said, "Pick one but don't open it yet."
~
We put our hands inside the bowl to pick one piece of folded paper.
When we all have one, she puts the bowl away, "Now, in those papers will be either handling stalls or booths."
This is the worst thing that could happen to me right now. It's frightening.
~
"Okay, you can now unfold those papers." She said.
~
"Not the kissing booth, not the kissing booth." I whisper.
As they open theirs, they're all pleased, but when I opened mine.
~
"Kissing Booth."
~
I want to throw myself out and never come back. All I'll ever get from this is public humiliation.