37.

37.
-
"Oh! You're—how did you know we're here?"
"I went to the open field to find you, I saw your friends and asked them where you at."
"Goodie! Thanks for coming to help Shawn!" Lanie says cheerfully behind us both.
"Everything for my girl." He says as he takes and lifts the whole thing with ease.
"Go get your materials love cake, I'll take this."
"You sure?"
He chuckles, "Absolutely sure, now go."
~
I let go of my grip and let him take it out to the open field.
~
"Hey Lani? Can I have my materials?"
"Oh, yeah, sure. Help yourself."
I collect everything I need, paintbrushes, pencils, markers, staplers and more, while Lani fetches some few things.
I should at least get some things for Shawn, he should be carrying his wood for his booth but he carried mine instead.
I doubled my materials for him.
~
"You're lucky." Lani said.
"What?"
"You're so lucky with your boyfriend. I mean, there are lots of girls drooling for him and trying to get his attention but he's still much more into you."
"What do you mean?"
"I.. don't let Haelly take him away because I can feel she's doing everything to get him back."
"Where did you get that Lani?"
"I just heard them. I was in the restroom and they're having a little girl meeting.." she carries another box, "Just.. be careful Era. You're a great person, though you're a quiet one in class. I can tell, you love your boyfriend." She heads out of the small room, "You done?"
"N-Not yet, but you can go first."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I'm still looking for something."
"Okay, see you there Era."
"Okay Lani."
~
I'm not in the position to fight Haelly, I'm just his cover. I'm not a real girlfriend. Never shared anything, secrets or any advices. We're still both basically strangers but feels as if we've known each other for a long time.
A deep catch of breath and quick sigh beside the door, "Hey there love cake." He says as he fixes his shirt.
"Hey.."
He went inside and stood beside me, "What do we have here?"
"Materials. I already got yours, since you helped me and brought the wood I'll be using out there."
"Thank you." He whispers.
"You're welcome.. and thank you too."
He sniffs, "You're welcome."
"Let's go?"
He grabs a plywood, "Yep. Come on."