39.

(Tomorrow's the start our second semester. It sucks 'cause I won't be able to stay on IG as long as I want.)
-
39.
-
Lani left without a word, Shawn looks at me and his eyes sparkles. He bites his lips and I'm slowly slipping away.
"Would it be wrong if I say you look beautiful?"
~
Am I dreaming or he really said that? I can't find the words to say, I think I'm lost in the moment, it feels wrong but it feels right.
I shyly smiled at him, "What's with you?"
"I don't know, I just wanna say you look beautiful."
"Okay, you can stop now. I'm not in the mood for jokes."
"Well, I'm not joking."
His eyes tells them the realness with his words.
"Thank you.." I said.
He looks down to the wood, "Looks like it's dry. We can now put the letters on."
"Wait.. I can't remember bringing letter stickers.."
~
I tried to remember if I picked some letters back at the small storage room for art purposes but it seems like I did not brought any.
"Yep, I completely forgot to bring any of those. Wait a bit, I'll just go get—"
"No, no. Stay. I'll go get them for you." He said as he stands up from the ground.
~
He runs. I can't keep the beam off I have on my face. His gentleness makes me so sure about what I feel towards him.
I swish the brush down to make the colors evenly, I turned my head to check his finished booth only beside mine. It's all painted in black with a little checkered background, with the words Dare Booth.
I didn't expect he's pretty artistic, it's impressive.
~
"Wow.." A female voice wandered beside me.
As I turn and raised my head up, it was his ex.
"Look at that Dare Booth. It's so hot. I'm pretty sure Shawn did that."
I ignored her but she keeps acting surprised.
"OH! Oh my G! You're handling the kissing booth too?!"
"Pretty much, yeah."
She cackles, "Are we ever gonna make a huge amount with you?"
~
Like a quiet rabbit, I just continued painting my booth.
She gasps when she finally figured something out, "You're doing the decorating beside my boyfriend!?" Asking in an uprise tone.
"You mean, your EX BOYFRIEND?" I said giving her a fight, though I'm not in the position to fight the real one.
She looks at me, a bit embarrassed and looking like she has snapped out.