35.

35.
-
After class, I still can't get over the fact that I'm sharing the kissing booth with Haelly. It would turn into a battle ground and I'm just nothing but a hopeless pawn.
I put my bag on and head outside of the room, but as soon as I saw him, waiting for me.
I know, somehow, everything will be alright.
~
He walks towards me, "Hey there love cake. Your classmates came to our classroom a while ago, they said we're going to be decorating our booths."
"Yeah, you seem pretty excited."
"Kind of, yeah. I'll be able to become a part of something." He says with a smile like he really means it.
~
Our hands are free. Mine's holding the strap of my bag while his is inside his pocket.
My lips are glued close, still thinking about his ex, I breathe out, a grief to an extent.
~
All of a sudden, I just felt his hand grabbing my hand off of the strap of my bag.
He looks at me, "You okay?" he asks with tenderness in his voice.
I nod, "I'm okay. I'm just pretty.. nervous."
"About what?"
~
I want to tell him but I don't want to ruin the little amount of excitement he's getting from the thought of decorating the assigned stalls and booths.
"About.. my booth."
He tilts his head like a wondering kid, "What about your booth?"
"I might just mess up."
His way of holding my hand tightens, "Don't worry, I'll help you make your booth.. so, cheer up, okay?"
~
I think I just made it even worse. He would help me while Haelly's with me doing half of the work to finish it.
~
"N-No, I'm—"
"Yo Shawn!" A guy yelled, coming from behind us.
We both turned around, it was his classmate, standing a yard away from us.
"Sir Riley wants to see you!" He yells again.
"What? Why?" Shawn yells back.
"It's for the project! Come on dude! We can't fail this one."
"Be right there man!"
Shawn slowly loosen his grip on my hand, "I'll go see our teacher for a second. You go, okay? I'll see you there."
"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I said as I smile, "Go."
He completely lets go of my hand and runs to his classmate, "I'll be quick love cake!" He yells.
Before turning his back at me, he winks and smiled.
I chuckle as I watch them walk back upstairs.
~
Now I'm alone and back to my negotiating negative thoughts.