34.

34.
-
I let him take me to class and I feel like I'm flying.
But am I forgetting?
Between us is nothing but a fake relationship, why and how did I like him?
~
I went inside the class and he went off to his.
The room's half full, some of them must have enjoyed lunch break for some reason.
As I was about to walk to my chair, two of my classmates who got picked walked and talked to me, "Hey Era." Lani said.
"Hey Lani.."
"About the stalls and booths for the event, we only have 3 days left. We have to make and decorate the place where it will happen."
"Oh, okay. Got it."
"Later after class, we're going to start the decorating. We'll make the school's open field a bomb! You're going to make your—what's your booth again?"
"The kissing booth."
"Right. You're going to make and decorate your kissing booth."
"On my own?"
"Yep. On your own."
"Sounds fun!" I said, getting pretty excited with it.
Earlier I feel like the earth has put its weight on my shoulders, but when Shawn told me he got picked too, I feel like doing and pursuing everything.
~
"It is." She giggles, "Later okay? After class."
"Okay, later, after class."
"Great!" She was about to walk away but then she remembered something, "Oh, gosh! Why do I always forget."
I raised my brows, "Hm?"
"You're not doing it on your own."
"What?"
"You're going to have someone with you in your booth."
"Who?"
"Haelly."
"Haelly?!"
"Yeah, it's your boyfriend's ex."
~
I zoned out for a second as the word 'EX' echoes in my head.
~
"Are you okay?"
"Y-Yeah. Of course I am. Why wouldn't I? It's just his ex, his past."
"I'm so sorry, I hope you guys could just go along. I mean, just think about the main purpose of this event."
"Yeah, yeah. I'm cool. It's not a big deal."
~
Because it is a HUGE deal. I'm running a booth with my fake boyfriend's real ex girlfriend.
I hope and pray that this won't turn into war or trouble.
They went off to tell the others about the event, the teacher might've assigned them to spread the word.
I sit down, slowly sinking down from the thought.
I didn't know she got picked too, and out of all the student representatives, she's going to work with me. With me!
~
The teacher arrives and the lesson started.