40.

40.
-
"Hey Haelly!" Lani greets her as soon as she saw her standing and watching me.
"Hi girl." Haelly said.
"You're gonna be handling the kissing booth too, right?"
"Yeah, but is she really with me? I mean, if she's with me, I'm not pretty sure the booth's gonna earn so much money."
"Yes, you two are gonna be handling the booth and don't say that Haelly, okay?"
"Come on Lani! Can't you just change my partner?"
"Look Haelly, I can't do that. It's unfair with the others. Era got even here first and looks like did all the work, so I don't see the reason why you're complaining."
~
And that was a huge burn for her. I didn't even said a thing but Lani did all the talking and she got burnt really bad.
~
"FINE." Haelly said in an upset tone.
"Good. I think Era can still use some help with regards his boyfriend told me that's still undone.. I think it's the letters. Right Era?"
"Yeah, but I don't need any aid anymore Lani. Shawn already fetch the letters for me."
"Okay, well, I'll check on you guys again."
~
Lani walks away but Haelly stood straight firm.
"He's not really in love with you. He's just playing with you because of one thing."
~
I suddenly thought of his ring but she was talking another thing.
~
"Sex." She whispers, "I remember how hot he was when he stripped down. That body.."
~
At that moment, I want to stand up and punch her in the face but I guess she's not worth my energy.
"I'll get him back, you'll see." She mutters before leaving, not even offering a hand for help with the booth.
I don't care anyways, I just need her to get off beside me, she's a distracting destruction.
~
My heart starts to shatter about what she told me. Shawn doesn't know about Haelly being my partner in this booth and he also doesn't know what are the things she told me just now, so it's just acceptable and right that I don't put my anger out on him, he's not the one asking for it, but his ex.
~
Shawn's voice processed beside me, "I'm back love cake." He said as he puts the box of sticker letters down, "I got you more than the letters you'll use."
"Thank you Shaw—I mean, baby cakes."
He looks into my eyes down to my lips with his white smile, "You're very much welcome love cake."