32.

32.
-
"Okay, who got the ball-shooting stall?"
"Me." Khante raised his hand.
"For the darts?"
"Me." Lani raised her hand.
"For the kissing booth?"
~
Thinking whether to raise it or not, she's still going to know if I'm going to lie with what I got.
She'll check our papers right after handing it over to her.
~
I took a deep audible breath, "Me."
Some girls annoyingly laughed. I feel like falling on the floor and just stay down until they're all gone. I have to take this embarrassment just to get through the stupid introduction.
"Wow. Okay. Now who's got the Photo Booth?"
~
The day went on and the bell rang. I can still remember what I dealt with right in front of my classmates. Embarrassment.
~
As I head out of the room, there he was. Standing and resting on the wall with a hand inside his pocket.
"Hey.." he says with a cute smile, I know I can somehow get through the day after seeing that worthy beam.
~
"Hi.." I said with a little sadness in my voice.
"You okay love cake?"
I nod as I walk.
He puts one arm around my back, making me feel so safe and secure.
His arm and hand, so firm. After the first time of holding hands and clinging to his arm, he wraps it around me today and it feels so magical.
We got every eyes we walk through looking at us.
~
In the school canteen, just like before, he's the one to order and get us food while I get to find unoccupied seats.
Luckily, I found one in the room filled with hungry students.
~
I immediately went and sat down. Staring blankly at the surface of the table, the kissing booth plays in my head again.
I grunt and groan, "No, no, no! Thinking about it is so.. EMBARRASSING!"
"What's embarrassing love cake?" He said as he puts the tray down and sit in front of me.
I sigh, "It was nothing.."
"Love cake.. tell me."
I can tell he can be trusted, though everything between us is fake.
"Well.."
~
He lifts the food out of the tray and puts them down on the tabletop, "Go on."
"I, I got picked to handle a booth."
"Really!?"
"Yeah. It sucks, to be honest."
"You think so? Because I got picked too."
~
My heart speaks again. I want to jump as high as I can, now I know that that event won't be boring because he'll be there with me.