38.

38.
-
We head out of the room to the open field. Everyone is just so focused with their stalls and booths in the making.
"Come, I've put the wood somewhere close to mine." He says as he walks and leads the way.
"Why'd you put it close to yours?"
"Is that wrong? I told you I'd help you, right?"
"Yeah, but—"
"This is much way better. Your booth beside me and my booth beside yours. We can see each other's work."
"But my friends are there."
"So? I'm your boyfriend, you stay close to me."
~
I didn't say or argue with him anymore, didn't even remind him that he's a fake boyfriend; besides, I like it so much.
He's acting like a real boyfriend, putting my things closer to him just to make sure he can take a look at what I'm doing and check if things are hard for me.
~
We started doing our booth decorating.
While he brushes off the plywood with black paint, he has a beam pasted on his pinkish lips.
"Why are you smiling?" I asked.
"Nothing. This is just.. fun."
~
He's changed a bit ever since we became a fake couple.
I can still see the little kid in his grown man body, enjoying the colors running to the wood.
He does his booth and I did mine, he always asks if I need any help, all I can say is I'm fine in an aggressive tone and he'll just smile.
~
Time elapsed, he's already done with his booth while I'm still struggling to paint mine in red.
"Gimme, let me do that for you love cake."
"What? O-Okay."
He looks at me as he sits much closer beside me, "I just love how you stutter."
"What?"
"I love it when you stutter."
"Stop."
"That's a third stutter for today love cake." He sniffs, "Tomorrow's saturday, what are you going to do?"
"Nothing much. Maybe, do the laundry."
"And?"
"That's it, I guess..?"
"Can we go somewhere after you do your laundry?"
"W-What? Wh-Where?"
"Fifth stutter."
"Shawn!"
"I don't know, I just wanna roam around, I can't find anyone to go with, and since you're free after doing your laundry, I'll take you instead."
~
He slides the brush down and one last stroke, we're done.
"Looks like you guys are done!" Lani came to check our works.
"Yeah. We just have a few more things to add, we still haven't put the Kissing Booth letters on." Shawn said.