97

Shawn sighs and nods.
"I'm going in. Be careful on your way home, okay? I'll be fine. It might be just mom.. don't overthink."
He nods again but still bothered.
I lean up to his face and kissed his lips goodbye, "Be careful, okay?"
"Okay love cake.. I love you."
"I love you too.."
I left him and walked in the house carefully.
~
In the kitchen, a woman wearing a long sleeved gray shirt seems to be on a rush with cooking.
~
"M-MOM?!"
"OH GOD! ERA! You scared me!"
I walked to her and hugged her.
"Why are you home so sudden?" I ask.
"Well.. SURPRISE!"
"..And.. why are you cooking so much?"
"We're celebrating."
"Celebrating? Celebrating what?"
She drops the knife and stood before me, "Era, sweetheart.." she grabs my shoulders, "I GOT US A HOUSE FROM THE PLACE WHERE MY JOB IS!"
"What?!"
"YES! I GOT US A HOUSE!"
"Oh my god mom! That is so insane!" I said as I hugged her, happiness overflowing.
"I know, right? We could sell this house after you move in."
"What? Sell this house?"
"Yeah. I mean, we could use the money."
"Mom.. no need to sell this. This house is helpful.."
"Era, selling this house will give us money.. which would be helpful too, so.."
"Mom, no. You can't."
"Why can't I?"
"B-Because.. I'm still studying!"
"Oh no worries honey, the schools there are the most amazing schools I've ever known. I've seen students like you there, and they are so professional, so successful."
"Why..? My hardships to reach honors aren't enough for you yet?"
"No.. it's not like that honey. I want you to be more superior. You're a smart girl and you're going to be more smarter there.. which will be your way to your more successful future."
"Mom.. I don't-I don't need those.."
"You do Era.. it's just you and me. You have to show your dad that you don't need his presence to be a strong woman."
"Mom, I can be like that even if you transfer me or not."
"Why are you being so stubborn Era!?"
"I like it here. My friends are here.. the library, the teachers, the neighborhood, I like it better here.. Don't take me away.."
"People there are much greater and better than the people here Era. You should know that!"
"But are they happy!?"
"They are successful.. and you are going with me."