Chapter 28

This has been written by myself and doodle1403 in private message.
Thank you for everyone that has stuck by this story.  Would be great to hear people's comments on this story.

Harry made something for himself and Liam which Liam could heat when he got home. Harry then coaxed Louis awake and tried him with something the boy refused anything. Harry got him to eat one mouthful of pasta before giving Louis a milkshake. Harry then bathed Louis who was falling asleep in the bath. They soon finished the bath and Harry dressed Louis before he got into bed and read the boy a story. Harry heard the door go as he read the story. Once Louis was asleep Harry came down and listened to the chat Liam was having with Niall. "How's Lou?" Liam asked as Niall climbed onto his lap. "Asleep and hopefully he'll sleep the night as he's going to have a tough day tomorrow." Harry said knowing Louis had recently been waking up in the night.

"Will you pick me up from school tomorrow?" Niall asked then and Liam shrugged. "I don't know love I don't know how long we're be at the hospital with Louis but if we're not Uncle Tom said he'll pick you up and you can play with Adam again." Niall just nodded. "I just want Louis to get better." Niall said. "I know sweetie and he will." Liam said. "And we know his brother will help him" Harry said. "How can I" Niall asked. Liam and Harry smiled at how sweet Niall is. "Louis will be happy if you just simply cuddle with him. He misses his big brother just as much as you miss him. Just because he can't play doesn't mean you can't be around each other. You can watch films or maybe read him one of your books." Liam suggested and Niall nodded happy to do that. Niall cuddled his dad's before going for a shower. Liam and Harry spoke as Liam had something to eat.

"He will be okay won't he?" Harry asked and Liam looked up. "Who Louis?" Liam asked. "Yeah." Harry replied. "Of Course Love he's going to be fine." Liam said as he carried on eating. "I just want my bouncy bubbly loud Louis back." Harry said. "And he will be, trust me Haz." Liam said and Harry nodded knowing Liam was right. Niall soon came down and Liam then took him up to bed and read him story before checking on Louis who was still sound asleep. Liam smiled at the boy and left Louis before going downstairs. Liam and Louis cuddled up together. "Haz do you want me to go through anything about tomorrow" Liam asked.

Harry nodded and started explaining in simple language what reflux was and showed him what he found for the kids about reflux, the test tomorrow and the naso-gastric tube. "Do you understand a bit more now?" Liam asked and Harry nodded. "He's going to hate this isn't he?" Harry asked and Liam sighed but nodded. "Probably but we will deal with it as a family and once Louis knows it's to help him he'll probably be okay." Liam reassured Harry who nodded before Liam decided it was probably for the best to go to bed.Liam had a sudden thought as he also knew how well kids adapt to this and take it in there stride. Liam decided to make a temporarily tube for his lion and sheep. Harry went up to bed while Liam worked on it. "Harry look at these." Liam said happily coming into his and Harry's room 2 hours later. "Li, I'm trying to sleep." Harry moaned. "Just 2 minutes love then you can go back to sleep." Liam told him and Harry sighed but sat up rubbing his eyes. "What do you think?" Liam asked and Harry smiled. "I think he'll love it." Harry said seeing Liam had put one of his creations on one of Louis' other stuffed toys that he's not as attached too. "Do you think?" Liam asked. "Yeah, now come on come to bed or your going to be exhausted tomorrow." Harry said and Liam nodded before heading off to get ready for bed.

It was around three in the morning when Louis woke up. His body was hungry he refused to sleep. Liam gave the boy one of his milkshakes before Louis went back to sleep in his bed. Liam tucked the boy in and went back to bed himself.

The next morning everyone was in a bit of a rush as Liam had forgot to set an alarm and Louis being as tired as he was wasn't waking up very early voluntarily so the whole family were around 30 minutes later. "Harry pack some things for Louis and make sure you don't forget any of his comfort things." Liam called out as he was trying to sort Niall's breakfast and get Louis settled at the same time as he hadn't woken up in the best of moods. Niall was eating away. Liam gave Louis a milkshake. Harry was packing the boys bag and making sure he had everything.