Chapter 66

Harry woke up coughing. Anne Instantly rubbed his back trying to ease him out of the coughs. She didn't like the way they sounded she knew she had to get Harry to a Dr. "Harry come on Love, we need to get you checked out." Anne said and Harry sighed but nodded knowing his mum was right and he also didn't want to be putting the baby at any risk. Anne helped Harry out his shoes on and then helped him to the car As Anne was driving harry was coughing again and Anne knew she had made the right decision. Harry's cough sounded so chesty and it was starting to him as he coughed. Anne took a double take of harry when she saw him holding his chest and she instantly became worried. "Harry what's wrong?" Anne asked. "Hurts." Harry moaned.

"Alright Love it won't be much longer, and we're get you help." Anne reassured her son. Harry just nodded as he tried not to cough. Anne arrived st the hospital 10 minutes later and once she had managed to park helped Harry sit down in the A&E waiting room. "I'm just going to tell someone that your here and we want to see a doctor." Anne said and Harry nodded coughing again and smiled sadly at him before heading over to the reception desk.

Anne waited in line to book Harry in. She soon got to the front and booked Harry in explaining he had a nasty chesty cough and complaining of chest pains. Due to the fact that Harry had chest pains Anne was told that even though A&E was pretty busy they wouldn't have to wait long.

Anne nodded and went to sit next to Harry. They were soon calmed by a nurse who got the history of the cough developing, did his vitals. "Alright I'm going to send a doctor in now and he'll be able to properly diagnose your son. Is there anything else we should know before I go and get him?" "Yeah Harry's pregnant." Anne said and the nurse nodded writing that down before leaving to get a doctor. The nurse went to inform the Dr and they said they would see Harry shortly. While Anne and Harry waited Harry started coughing again and Anne was defiantly pleased she had brought Harry in as there was no way this was just a cough.

Anne rubbed Harry's back just as the Dr walked in. "Well I think we're jump the conversation on why your here today." The doctor said with a chuckle as he sat down and harry smiled slightly as he sat up once he finished coughing. "Hmm it's pretty obvious." Harry said as the doctor flicked through his notes.

"So it says here that you've come in with a bad cough which I can't say I blame you for doing and your also pregnant." The doctor checked and Harry nodded. "The cough sounds quite nasty. We would normally do a chest x-ray, it has minimal risk to the baby.Harry just shrugged he wanted to know what was causing him to cough so badly but in his mind minimal risk to the baby was to much risk. "What is the risk" Anne asked.

"It could cause birth defects or maybe even miscarriages but there not very common and the likelihood is very small. If you want my honest opinion I would have the X-ray but it obviously isn't up to me and if you decide not to I'll try my best to diagnose and treat whatever it is without the X-ray." The doctor explained. Harry shook his head as he was shaking to much to speak. "I don't think Harry would like an x-ray, is there anything that can be done about this cough that will not affect the baby" Anne asked.

"Yes there is things I can do but we won't be able to diagnose for definite What is causing Harry's coughing without the X-ray but I completely understand why he wouldn't want the X-ray." Harry calmed down knowing he wasn't going to be falsed to have an x-ray. "I've already unknowingly put my baby at risk as one of other sons has chicken pox and before it came out he was snuggled up to me" Harry said. "I wouldn't worry too much about that again it's very little likelihood that there's going to be any complications when the babies born." The doctor said and Harry nodded. "Ok about the cough I suggest we keep you in and give you IV antibiotics, and fluids.

Harry sighed at that not wanting another hospital stay but at the same time knew it was for the best. The Dr said a nurse would be in to the cannula and take some bloods after he finished assessing Harry. Harry grabbed onto his mums hand as the blood was taken before the doctor sent that off to be tested. A nurse then came into hook the fluids and medicine up to Harry's cannula.