Chapter 83

Louis was now falling asleep on Liam. Luckily for Liam before Louis fully fell asleep his name was called and the boy opened his eyes hearing his name. "Where we going?" Louis asked rubbing his eyes. "We're going to see a doctor who can tell us what you've managed to do to your foot." Liam said kissing the boys hair before carrying him into the room. Louis nodded but was scared.

The doctor noticed louis was scared and smiled softly at the boy as Liam sat down with him on his lap. "You the little boy I've got pictures for?" The doctor asked and Louis shrugged. "Do you want to see the pictures yourself?" He asked and louis nodded at that. The Dr got the picture up and showed Louis who was very intrigued 'What's that " Louis asked. "That's the inside of your foot so we can see all the bones." The dr explained and Louis nodded.

"So has he managed to do any serious damage?" Liam asked. The Dr decided to show Liam the x-ray to look for himself as he was a Dr "Oh lou." Liam said looking at the X-ray and seeing a small break but it was a break none the less. "What Papa?" The boy asked and Liam pointed the break out. "What's that?" Louis asked. "It's a break baby." Louis said. "What that mean?" Louis asked thoroughly confused with what was going on.

"Sometimes when you fall your bones can break and one of your bones has a very small break" Liam explained. "We will put a special cast on it and all your friends can sign it" the Dr said. "But how walk" Louis said.

"Well how old are you louis?" The Dr said. "5." Louis said happily. "I think we're try you with crutches but we're have to see Okay as if you're not safe on them then it will probably be more dangerous and then we're think about a wheelchair but I'm sure a big boy like you will be able to cope with the crutches." The Dr said and Louis smiled. "Big boy how you use crutches' Louis asked.

Let's get your foot in a cast first and then we will show you" the Dr said. Louis nodded and Liam smiled at the boy as he snuggled into his lap and closed his eyes again. "No baby stay awake for a bit longer, we just need to get you in a cast and then a small lesson with the crutches before we're go home and you can sleep." Liam said and louis huffed but nodded.

"You get to choose your colour on the cast" the Dr said. This made the boy more awake. "Really?" The boy questioned and the doctor nodded. "Yep What's your favourite colour?" The Dr asked the boy who thought about it carefully for a couple of minutes. "Blue" Louis said. "I'm sure that can be arranged." The dr said before a nurse brought the stuff in for louis' cast to be fitted.

The nurse came in with three different shades of blue. "That one." Louis said pointing to the middle shade of blue and she nodded. "Course." She said as she began the process of getting the plaster cast around Louis' ankle It was a bright blue one.Louis whined as his ankle and foot being put in the cast. "It's Alright Baby." Liam said rubbing the boys back. "How long will this be on for?" Louis asked/ "6-8 weeks." The dr said as the nurse finished setting the boys cast. "That ages." Louis whined not impressed with that at all. "You will get all your friends to sign it " Liam said. excitedly. "I guess." Louis mumbled before the Dr came back in with a set of crutches for the boy. "Right I can see your sleepy so shall we see if you can use these?" The Dr asked and louis nodded as the dr adjusted the crutches so they were louis' height.

"How use them" Louis asked not knowing. "They basically hold you up and you hop along without putting the foot that's plastered down." The dr explained as Liam got louis in position and helped the boy to begin with before the boy much to Liam's surprise managed to do it on his own. "That how?" Louis asked as he sat back down and Liam nodded. "Exactly like that baby." Liam said kissing his hair and louis beamed"Sleep" Louis then asked.

'A couple more things and then you can go home" the Dr said. Louis sighed just wanting to go home and go to bed. The Dr told Liam to return to fracture clinic in a weeks time. Also not to get the cast wet. Liam nodded and once the appointment was set for next week Liam picked the Tired boy up resting him on his hip being careful of his cast. "Say thank you Lou." The dr said. "Thank you." Louis mumbled sleepily and the dr smiled before waving as Liam headed for the car Liam held the crutches ad he carried Lou to the car. "Sleep now?" Louis asked once Louis was in his car seat. "Yeah I'll carry you to bed if your asleep when we get home." Liam said and louis nodded instantly closing his eyes. Liam smiled at the sleeping boy as he got into drive sending Harry a quick text. Harry sat up from his daze on the sofa when his phone buzzed and sighed when he read the text.