Chapter 74

The family slept peacefully till around 2am when Liam woke to the sound of sobs and screams. Seeing that harry was still asleep Liam quickly got up hoping to keep Harry asleep and went to find out what was making the noise however he soon discovered it was coming from Niall's room. Quietly going into his room he saw Niall sobbing and screaming in his sleep and Liam sighed going over and trying to wake the boy.

Niall eventually woke up but then it became evident he had wet himself in his nightmare. Liam hugged the boy and his Dr instincts checked for a fever, "Shh Baby." Liam said softly as the boy clung tightly to Liam while he held his hand against the boys forehead. The boy was warm but Liam couldn't figure out if it was due to how worked up he'd got or if he did have a fever and that was what caused the nightmare.

Liam cuddled the boy for about ten minutes and then took him to the bathroom to clean him up. "No." Niall whimpered when Liam went to put him down. "I'm not going anywhere sweetie, I just need to turn the bath on." Liam said and Niall just sniffled but let Liam do that before gripping back onto him once he'd done that job. "Do you want to tell me about your nightmare?" Liam asked as he got the boy out of his sweaty pyjamas.

Niall shook his head as Liam finished running the bath. Liam didn't press the subject he helped undress Niall. "In you get then love." Liam said and Niall nodded but made sure that Liam didn't let go of his hand. Liam struggled when it came to washing Niall as the boy didn't seem interested in doing it himself and he wasn't letting go of Liam's hand but he managed and once he had finally achieved the task he got Niall out and wrapped him in a towel.

Niall just snuggled into his papa. "No sweetie is it about dad or do you not feel well" Liam asked as he dried the boy. Niall didn't answer the question instead snuggling further into Liam making it hard for Liam to dry the boy properly. Liam wasn't sure which the reason was either but he was leaning more on the sickness side of things as he would have thought if the nightmare was harry based then Niall would be desperate to get to harry. Also he hadn't forgotten about Niall playing in the rain the other night when he refused to come indoors.

"No Ni I need an answer, as if your feeling poorly I need to know so I can help you feel better." Liam said. Niall still didn't hurt. Liam had a thought. "Does your throat hurt bud" Liam said. Niall did nod and Liam sighed at that wrapping his arms tighter around the boy. "Anything else?" Liam asked kissing the boys hair and Niall just looked up at him with wide sad eyes that were still pretty watery. "You don't have to speak just point" Liam said as he got up with Niall to get the ear thermometer.

Niall sniffled before pointing to his head and Liam nodded rubbing the boys back as he rummaged through the cupboard searching for the thermometer and once he finally found it sat on the toilet seat with Niall turning it on and gently placing it in Niall's ear. It soon beeped and Liam looked at the numbers. "38 exactly." Liam said turning it off and putting it back before heading to Niall's room to get the boy into some clean pyjamas.

"I'll get you some medicine in a minute Okay." Liam said dropping the boy on his bed before realising he also needed to put Niall's bedding in the wash. "Ni I'm going to take you to the spare room ok" Liam said as he got the boy dressed. Niall just shook his head gripping tightly onto Liam. "Ni I'll join you as soon as I've sorted out your bedding and grabbed some medicine for you." Liam said as he placed Niall on the bed in the spare room.

Niall sighed as he was put down but did eventually let go of his papa. Liam went to clear up as quick as he could he decided to just strip Niall's bed and not make it again. He put the wash on and grabbed the medicine.

When he came back he saw Niall curled into a ball on the bed and he could hear sniffling so he made his way over to Niall and placed his hand on his shoulder gently. Niall instantly uncurled himself and rolled over when he saw Liam and once Liam was sat on the bed Niall curled into his side. Liam measured the right amount of medicine and fave it to the boy before he heard footsteps.