Chapter 1: Barber

"The day seems so calm today.... Almost like a book is being opened... Starting a new chapter again. Calm skies and a chilling breeze out in the snow... If only I could have seen the first snowfall with someone I love.." A young Barber whispered as he looked out the window of his barber shop.

             The Young boy wore a black apron over his black and white striped dress shirt, long black jeans and indoor grey shoes. Over the Barber's apron he wore a steel name tag that read,

  ✂Park Jimin✂

      Park Jimin is an black haired, Twenty-three year old barber who works in busan... The boy was speaking to himself. Service was slow of course, and to pass the time of his shift, he would describe many things just to past the time.

          Jimin wasn't allowed to go on his phone during his shifts. He was alone but his boss watched his every move through the surveillance camera. Making sure the phone Jimin only uses is the buisness phone where the customers can make appointments ahead of time.

            The boy looked around the vacant place where there was posters for different styled hairs, bar stools, six hair stations and gel, combs and aprons in each one. The floor had a white and black tiled floor, the walls were white and the ceiling had lights hanging from each corner of the room. Jimin rested his head on the black marbled front desk of the shop where the front desk had papers, scissors, a black PC, catalogs and the store's telephone.

            "Ah... No one is here! Mrs. Jean, can I go home please..." Jimin whined looking up at the surveillance camera. He knew his boss was watching and waited patiently for an answer. Suddenly the camera moved side to side to show that the Boss told him he couldn't head home.

          Jimin sighed looking out the glassed double doors of the barber shop where he waited for atleast once customer to make his day. Jimin lived with his parents, not allowed to move out until he brings home a lover to marry. It was a strict rule but most parents went with it just to ensure their child's safety.

           The barber let out a sigh looking at the clock as the minute hand just ticked. "I think I'm going to lose it... Why won't people come and let me cut their hair?!" Jimin cried as he sighed closing his eyes again... But only then, his prayers were answered when an elderly man walked in. Making Jimin feel happy.

            Jimin smiled and placed his scissors in his apron's pocket as he stepped away from the front desk to bow at the older man. "Welcome! Please sit." Jimin claimed happily as the man went to sit by a station.

          "Hello, please just give me a clean cut." The older man stated as Jimin nodded, combing the man's grey hair up to cut long hairs.

           "Thank you for coming today! Buisness has been slow." Jimin told the old man as the guy let out a scoff.

            "It's very cold out there young man! It was tough to drive my car over here with all that snow!" The man stated. "You should really clear the snow that's covering up the parking lot. Not many people will get here if they can't see the parking lot!"

          "I guess I have to go clear it up..." Jimin replied as the man's eyes widened.

           "In that cold?! Don't you have someone to clear it up? With all that snow, someone could be HIDING IN IT TO HURT YOU!" the man exclaimed making Jimin flinch. "Maybe or maybe not.. I have been watching many scary movies.." the man chuckled as Jimin let out a laugh.

       Jimin was the only one able to show up to work due to the cold weather. However it wasn't that cold... Jimin just speculated that his friendly worker's became lazy.

              After Jimin tended to the man's hair, the elderly man left after he payed. This was atleast the highlight of his day... A kind and elderly man came to talk to Jimin. It wasn't alot but atleast it was something... Now, he had to face the cold snow outside.

            "Mrs. Jean... I'm going outside to clear up the snow." Jimin stated as he looked at the surveillance camera. Jimin sighed and placed on his coat to head outside when suddenly... The phone ringed.

           Jimin hurried to the phone and answered. "Jean's Barber shop, My name is Jimin! How may I help you?!" Jimin asked happily as the person on the other side of the phone let out a chuckle.

           "Jimin..... You seem happy to answer the phone... If only every service was like this." The voice claimed. It was a low voice on the other line sounding close to a young man's voice.

          "Oh... Um, how may I help you?" Jimin asked again. He actually liked hearing the customer's low voice but focused on helping the man.

           "Do you... Do services where you come to the customer's home to cut hair?" The shady man asked as Jimin raised a brow.

            "Oh, No sir, those aren't allowed here... Maybe you can come to the barber shop toda-"

            "Are you... Saying you can't?" The man on the other line asked as Jimin was feeling that something about this man was off.

            "Listen sir... I have to go do something right now, but no... We can not come to your house.. You have to come to us!" Jimin replied as the man on the other side stayed silent. "Thank you for calling, sir... Have a great day." Jimin said as he placed the phone back to it's place on the front desk.

           Jimin let out a sigh as he placed on his gloves and walked to the storage room where he took out a big shovel. Only then, the phone ringed again as Jimin rolled his eyes and walked back to the front desk, dragging the heavy shovel. Jimin picked up the phone as the same man's voice returned.

            "....You hanged up..." The man whispered into the phone as Jimin felt chills down his spine.

              "Sir, I'm extremely busy right now.. It's a full house here, please call back soo-"

             "No it's not... It's empty...." The man stated as Jimin got silent.

            "How did you know that?"

             "Shouldn't you be shoveling snow, Jimin? You won't have time to cut my hair... So I think it's better you come meet me at my place." The shady guy continued to talk as Jimin looked around in silence.

           "Sir... We don't do services like that. Please don't ask again." Jimin said as he hanged up, hurrying with his shovel to clear up the parking lot.

          Jimin payed no attention to the man on the phone and thought it was some prankster.... However, Jimin didn't know what type of person he was dealing with.... Again... The phone ringed and Jimin ignored it, not wanting to argue with the man any further.

           The boy ran out in the cold, expecting the weather to be calm, but it wasn't. The wind was slightly strong and it was freezing cold. Jimin didn't care about the weather and hurried over to the parking lot beginning to clear up the layers of snow on his own. He can already hear the phone ringing from inside the store and let out a sharp breath in the cold weather while he tried his best not to freeze to death.

            "S-stupid snow! I-I can't do this!" Jimin hissed as he struggled to shovel up the white, heavy, snow. As Jimin grew occupied with pillows of the cold snow, he didn't realize someone was watching him from afar...

          A man was on the other side of the road, he was dressed in all black from his big jacket and hoodie covering his head, to his black layers of clothing. His pale face can be seen as he held up his phone to his ear... Watching Jimin the whole time.