Chapter 4: Almost like a nightmare

Jimin started to feel nervous just hearing Mrs. Jean tell the young boy about the shady man... It seemed like he was watching Jimin from afar! Maybe this man was the guy that cleared up those three car spaces in the parking lot. Could Jimin really be dealing with a stalker?

            "No... I don't know him at all, if he was a friend of mines, I would have recognized his voice." Jimin replied as he turned over on the couch and listened to the older woman. Jimin couldn't hate the fact that the man's voice seemed very calming... Almost too calm. Every word he said into the phone sounded like a desirable seduction that lies before it.

             "Huh, how weird... I'll call you soon if anything else happens.." The boss claimed as she hanged up. Leaving Jimin in silence.

             The boy pulled the phone away from his ear and set his phone down. "He'll go away right? Things like this wouldn't ever happen to me... What's so scary about that?" Jimin said as he layed on the couch. "I'll have to admit, his voice did sound nice.." Jimin whispered as he turned over, pulling the couch's pillow close and resting his head on it.

              Jimin fell asleep on the couch. Nothing bothered him until he woke up to a weird sound coming from the couch near him.. It was a loud slap, almost like someone brought their hand down and hit the leathered couch!

           Jimin woke up like it was nothing... He turned his head and there sat a man on the couch. A man that had such a bunny like face, a gorgeous one too! But Jimin didn't understand why was he staring at him for so long.

              "Hello..." Jimin greeted as the man only tilted his head. He had no words to exchange with the older boy.... But what he had in his hands was a white ribbon. The ribbon was silk and soft, the hems were a bit rough and the ribbon didn't seem too weak. It was almost as thick as rope.

            "Who let you in here?" Jimin asked but the man only reached over to the lamp by his side and turned it off. As soon as the lights were extinguished from the room, Jimin closed his eyes.. Hearing footsteps approach him. The man stepped closer and closer.. By the time he reached Jimin. Jimin opened his eyes.

             The boy woke up and looked around. The sun was going to set and his parents were still out. Perhaps there was a few things they needed to get. Jimin got up and wetted his lips as he looked around, scanning the room for that peculiar man.

              "Was it just a dream?" Jimin asked as he let out a sigh. "Last time I eat rice cake before bed!" Jimin claimed as he walked to the kitchen rubbing his eyes. He was parched and all he can focus on was drinking water. "My mind keeps playing tricks on me... Maybe I'm still scared of that caller..." Jimin whispered as he began to grab a water bottle from his fridge.

              Jimin thought that the scary phone call was some type of prank gone too far. He actually got scared because of the Man that claimed to know alot of him. That shady guy described Jimin's attire to the color of his silk and fluffy hair! Right when Jimin began to think about it too much.... He heard the door knob click and turn open.

            At this moment, Jimin's blood rushed and his heart started to pound. How could he be brave if he knew some creepy Man was non-stop calling his work place and watching him? Jimin was at a lost of words... He couldn't fight the fact that he was scared. By now, he turned pale... Almost like he has seen his own life flash before him!

           As soon as the door opened, Jimin's parents walked in. Jimin let out a relieved sigh to see then! He walked over to older couple happily and welcomed them home while they took off their coats and shoes, handing Jimin the bags of groceries, waste bags and cleaning supplies.

            "Ah, what have you been doing here all on your own? You could have called us to tell us you were home! We were about to pick you up from the Barber shop." The Mother stated as Jimin let out a laugh.

            "I walked home through the cold, came here to eat and then sleep!" Jimin stated as his Father walked up to pat his shoulder.

            "It's too cold outside, you'll freeze to death or get hypothermia!" Jimin's Father replied. The parents cared about Jimin and needed to know what he was up to almost everyday! They just didn't want Jimin, their first son to leave the nest so soon. Just like his younger brother did.

          "Please sit, I'll make the meal and tea." Jimin stated as his Mother shook her head.

          "You are a hard working boy, you sit down and let me take care of the meal." The Mother stated. The Mother and Father was very overprotective over Jimin, they didn't want him sad or upset. Almost like they were taking care of a small toddler.

            Jimin sighed and sat down as his Mother decided to cook since she knew exactly what Jimin would want. Meanwhile, the Father sat down on the couch and looked at Jimin.

          "How was work?" Mr. Park asked as Jimin looked at his Father. He would wear glasses time to time and claim his eyes weren't any good, he would always wear plaid vests over his dress shirts and socks with sandals. He had a very peculiar style but it looked good on him. It made him look wise and he enjoyed it.

            "... It was okay.." Jimin responded as he looked at his hands. He didn't want to tell his parents on what was happening... They knew the two of them would tell Jimin not to return to that job again! Jimin can hear the lectures now in his head, 'Quit that job, Park Jimin! It's no good for you!' 'You could have been killed out in that snow, it was either the cold got to you or that creep!' 'CALL THE POLICE AND HAVE PEOPLE SEARCH THE PLACE!!'

             "You don't look like you mean it." The Father scoffed and looked ahead as he gazed at the snow falling from the other glassed window. "Looks like I'll need to give you one of my jackets before you get to work tomorrow morning. Please stay safe."  Jimin's Father added as the son nodded with a smile on his face. Hiding his fear underneath it.

            Jimin layed in bed that night thinking of many things, he would normally be on his phone looking up old friends but tonight, he left his phone charging as he gazed up at the ceiling of his not so big room. The walls were white and all there was in there was a bookcase with anything other than books, his queen sized bed, his white closet up ahead and to the his left side was glassed windows that were covered by a see-through white curtain. Not so much privacy there.

             Jimin rested on his bed with his white covers over his body. The young boy started to think of his dream. Maybe his dream gave him a glimpse of that shady Man on the other side of the phone. Jimin suddenly thought this man was really attractive! This came as a shock to Jimin, he actually liked the creepy man's appearance even if he was straight! However, it doesn't hurt to be a little curious, right?