Chapter 18: Scent

Jimin went to bed with Jungkook's sweater as he gazed up at the ceiling, hugging himself. He couldn't explain these feelings and felt like his mind was up in the clouds just thinking back when he was cutting Jungkook's soft hair and eating a delicious, home cooked meal too. Jimin liked how the sweater looked big on him. He was able to pull the sleeve over his wrists and cover his palm entirely.

            "The scent of his cologne is still here~" Jimin whispered as he kept smelling it. This reminded him of how good Jungkook smelled when Jimin held him close to his body. It made him happy to have something of Jungkook's he can use to sleep. Jimin closed his eyes while he rested his hand over his chest and let out a sigh.

            "What's so bad about falling in love with the same gender?" Jimin asked himself as he layed awake. Just for a moment he can't close his eyes to sleep. He always had something to think about! "Is it just because a man and another man can't have children?" Jimin turned over as he placed his hands infront of the space infront of him where he can still smell the good scent of Jungkook's cologne.

           Jimin's parents didn't think homosexuals should love.. It was the way that the older generation were taught. A man and a woman... Nothing else. Jimin couldn't blame his parents because they just didn't understand this. It was rare back then but now it was shown in the new generation. Mr and Mrs. Park just didn't know how to support such a thing like this.

           "I wonder... If I might be gay now... Jungkook made me feel something. But I'm aftaid of letting my parents find out. If I am gay... One day I will bring home a man and they will find out eventually! I just don't understand.. How is this bad?" Jimin asked. "I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe that's the way that I am! But I don't want to lose my parents love.." Jimin whispered as he began to think about horrible ways his parents could disown him. Throw his clothes out the door, lock him out of the house or even leave him to starve! Just imagining a world where his parents treated him like a creature was enough to make Jimin worry.

           Jimin shook his head and tried to sleep. But of course his fear still haunted him... Maybe now, Jimin thought it was better to just get rid of his thought on loving men. There was nothing going for him anyways since Jungkook only offered to pay him like Jimin ran sexual services. Just making this decision make Jimin only want Jungkook more however, he had to deny it and keep it all in.

            Jimin couldn't take his things and run away from home, he didn't know how to live on his own and he couldn't really run and live with Jungkook... Jimin didn't know what Jungkook really wanted! Jimin was confused... He thought he was turning gay but it was seen as a 'disgusting' thing to do in Jimin's family.

           "Maybe... I can ask my parents on their thoughts if Brother was into men.. I wonder if they will still say they will throw him out and disown him? If they do say that... I guess that's it for me..." Jimin thought. He came to a conclusion. An idea of creating a fake scenario and using his brother in it to see what will happen. If his parents would react the same way towards Jimin's younger brother being gay, then Jimin would have no choice but to stay straight... Even if he didn't like the idea.

              The next morning, Jimin had work and needed to be up in the morning. When Jimin woke up, he had a mindset to ask his parents that specific question.. Just to see what will happen to him. Jimin wore Jungkook's sweater under his striped, dress shirt uniform. He loved the scent and how long it was lasting! The boy also thought he should atleast buy his own turtle neck sweater to hide his hickeys from now on.

          Jimin rolled down the turtle neck's collar and looked at his hickeys that didn't fade away just yet! For Jimin, he would still keep his hickeys for a week before they fade away completely.

           When Jimin brushed his teeth, washed his face and made sure he placed on lotion so his skin wouldn't peel in the cold, Jimin made it downstairs as he ran into his Father. Mr. Park was getting ready to head to work too as Jimin greeted his Father.

             "Goodmorning, Father!" Jimin said making a big smile to his father and watching Mr. Park nod and smile back.

              "Goodmorning, Jimin. Would you like me to take you to work?" The Father offered as Jimin refused. He actually liked walking to work... It gave him time to think!

               "No thank you, I like walking." Jimin added with a smile... But then, that face faded as he realized what he should be asking his Father at the moment. "Father.... I need to ask you something.." Jimin asked as Mr. Park nodded and payed attention to Jimin.

           "Go ahead, I have time." Mr. Park added as Jimin let out a deep sigh.

           "Okay... Father, what would you and Mother do if... Brother was gay?" Jimin asked. "My younger brother, your son! What if he liked a man? Would you all support him?" Jimin asked as Mr. Park folded his arms.

            "Did he... Tell you he's in love with a man?"

             "No! I was just asking..." Jimin added as his Father then began to laugh.

               Mr. Park always seemed to laugh at things like this... He just didn't believe in falling in love with the same gender. "Let me just make this clear, Jimin. No matter what you two are to me.. You both could be my favorite and perfect boys... But if you seem to fall in love with any men of your gender, I will take away everything we have given you and try our best to ignore you. We know you both are our two little boys... But things like that isn't normal! Understood?"

              Jimin felt bad and guilty he had to listen to his Father's wishes, no matter how much it harmed him. He was to honor his parents and treat them with respect... Not ignore their love rules and do the complete opposite of what they wanted.

          "Yes Father, I understand." Jimin replied as his big smile died down into nothing. Jimin understood that now, he couldn't allow himself to get too attatched to his feelings because eventually.. He would have to get rid of those feelings of falling in love with the same gender alone.