Chapter 7: A question

Jimin got home that day and turned on his phone after a long day at work, he was more than happy to get home, eat, shower and sleep! Even if the day was still young, Jimin was really tired from standing all day and cutting so much people's hair that his fingers hurted when he carried the big iron scissors in his hands.

             When Jimin got home, his Mother was looking at the news from the couch. Jimin got in, took off his shoes, slipped on his indoor house shoes and greeted his Mother.

             "I'm home, Mother!" Jimin claimed happily as his Mother smiled at his direction.

             "Jimin? Did you come walking home again? That's not good for you!" Mrs. Park worried as Jimin let out a giggle.

             "It's okay, Mother. I lived." Jimin replied as he walked to the kitchen. "I'll cook a meal today, please stay there and let me do it this time." Jimin said as he can already feel his Mother wanting to stand up and take things into her own hands.

            "Jimin, I-"

             "Ah, No Mother... You stay there." Jimin insited as his mother just couldn't say No. Jimin prepared dishes for his parents and himself to eat. There was rice, seaweed soup, kimchi and spicy beef soup too. Jimin made alot knowing his Father would come home from work hungry aswell so the young boy made sure he filled two pots of the separate soups.

                When he started to set the table, his phone began to vibrate. Someone was calling but Jimin couldn't answer since he had to serve the food now. The phone kept vibrating until it stopped and a message appeared on his phone as Jimin already set the bowls down on the table infront of his parents.

            Jimin had to ignore the messages and calls and take the time to join his family and eat together. Out of all the babying he would get from the two, he loved it when his parents actually allowed him to do something like this and serve the rest.

              As soon as the Father began to eat, Jimin and his Mother started as well. The three didn't say any words to eachother and continued to eat until Jimin's Father broke the dead silence that fell across the room.

             "Ah, I forgot to mention. Jimin, you know the boss of my company?" Mr. Park asked as Jimin nodded while he held up his spoonful of hot and green seaweed soup, close to his mouth. "He has a daughter and she is single!" The father claimed as he pulled out his phone to show Jimin. "My Boss has really been interested in having the two of you meet. If all goes well, maybe there could be an arranged marraige." The Father claimed as Jimin stared at the picture of the beautiful woman.

         Normally, Jimin would fall for these types of girls.. Long brown silk haired girls with a cute pale face and soft skin... However, Jimin didn't feel intrigued. "I don't like her..." Jimin whispered as his Mother looked at the girl in the photo.

            "Really? I think she would look great with you.. Don't you think so?" Mrs. Park asked Mr. Park as the Father nodded.

              "It's not that I think she's ugly... I just feel that... Maybe I don't want anyone at the moment... Atleast not a girl..." Jimin confessed. However, he didn't mean to come off sounding like he wanted a man instead... But this is how his parents took it.

                "A man? You want to be with a Man? The same gender?!" The Father asked as Jimin looked up at his father.

                "N-not that I mean it! This is only a what IF question... so, What if one day I want a man? Not a girl..." Jimin asked as he noticed his Mother shake her head in disapproval.

              "That won't work.. A man and a man can't have children. Adoption is worst! Bringing someone else into the family that is not by blood." The Mother pointed that out as Jimin looked towards his Father.

             "What would you say, Father?" Jimin asked as his Father looked down at his hot bowl of rice and spicy beef soup.

              The Father chuckled and shook his head as he looked up at Jimin. "Stop with this nonsense.. Don't imagine things that won't ever happen. Besides... I don't know why but a boy and a boy irks me." The Father responded as Jimin nodded.

          Deep down, Jimin suddenly felt crushed. He didn't understand why he was feeling this way if he wasn't into any men at all! Yet he couldn't help but to excuse himself from the table, claiming he was getting really sleepy and couldn't keep his eyes open to focus on his parents. Jimin then grabbed his phone and walked up to his room, checking his notifications along the way.

           There was suddenly five missed calls from his boss and Jimin almost had a heart attack! He checked her message and it was all in capital letters.
____________________________________
Mrs. Jean:
ANSWER THE PHONE!
____________________________________

                Jimin quickly called the woman back and waited for Mrs. Jean to respond. Once she did, Jimin apologized for not answering sooner. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Jean! I was eating. I will never do that again, I promise!" Jimin apologized as the Woman let out a laugh.

            "Park Jimin, calm down. You are lucky to catch me on my good side at the moment so I will tell you what happened after you left your shift." The woman claimed as Jimin already knew this must have been about the scary man on the other side of the phone that called him everyday.

            "Yes, Mrs. Jean?" Jimin asked as the Boss let out a puff of smoke while she was on the phone and smoking. No surprise there, she always smoked but it didn't bother Jimin at all.

             "I was watching the surveillance footage and turns out that man showed up, he was shockingly young and handsome! I would say around his early twenties, perhaps? Anyways, He was looking for you and refused to let anyone touch his hair unless it was you doing it. So we noticed this Man didn't seem to harm anyone, he looked like a good kid." Mrs. Jean paused in between to continue smoking as Jimin stood silently waiting now.

           "Want to know what we did to make him stop calling us?" Mrs. Jean asked as Jimin was already dying to know. If they managed to make the man stop for a reason, it would be like music to Jimin's ears.

              "Yes, I would like to know, Mrs. Jean." Jimin answered impatiently as she cleared her throat.

             "It was rather easy. We gave him your contact information so he can call and text you. Since I was in a good mood when your Co-workers called me, I told them that from now on, Jimin would be that man's private barber. So if you receive unknown calls, just know that it's your new client!"