Chapter 5: The constant calls

Jimin woke up the next morning. At first, last night Jimin had no luck in sleeping but luckily around 1am he got around to it. Jimin opened his eyes to look at his window where the sun was starting to shine.

"Maybe today it will be warmer.." Jimin whispered as he got up to stretch. He woke up five minutes before his alarm clock sounded so he decided to atleast get ready for work.

Jimin went to the bathroom and began to brush his teeth, wash his face and comb his silk hair back. "Please don't call me today.." Jimin whispered just thinking of the mysterious caller as he rinsed the soap off of his face and began to rub his face cream on his face. After getting ready, Jimin was wearing his usual uniform for work. It was just the common white dress shirt and black stripes falling diagonally along his dress shirt.

When Jimin was ready, he made sure he didn't make any noise before he left his house. He didn't want to wake his parents and have his Father give him one of his oversized jackets. Jimin loved his parents but at times, they can get a bit annoying with their constant sweet talking and caring protection like he was a baby.

Jimin managed to leave the house without alerting his parents at all. This was a start to a good day so far. Just last night he was beginning to question why he enjoyed the mysterious Man's looks... The looks he was given intrigued Park Jimin. However, he wasn't use to getting attracted to a random Man's face... Mostly it would be with girls but suddenly, he felt all bubbly inside just thinking of his dream.

"Is my mind trying to tell me something?" Jimin asked as he walked down the snow covered sidewalks. "I never found a Man so attractive before... I-I don't even know if a guy like that exists! Well, if he does.... I won't love him because I am into women. Not men." Jimin stated as he kept walking. However, when he said those same exact words... It felt like he didn't mean it. Almost as if he held his finger crossed behind his back when he said something like that.

When Jimin finally arrived to the Barber shop, his boss was by the front desk looking over a few documented pages. Mrs. Jean was a very direct woman, she didn't like slackers...even if her employees would lie to her just to do so. However, she wouldn't pay them even if they come up with sorry excuses.

With just a glance, Mrs. Jean had a cold, buisness stare. She was very wealthy and people like this only meant buisness... They would stare at their opponents and slowly kill them with each glare. That's how powerful this buisness woman was.

Before Jimin walked in, he made sure his dress shirt was tucked in, his hair was neatly pushed back away from his head and his phone was turned off. Mrs. Jean really hated when Jimin would look unorganized. Almost every little thing ticked her off.

Jimin walked in to greet his boss as she looked up with her devil-like-glares. Her hair was short and curled only on the tip, her buisness coat hanged over her shoulders while she had a black pencil skirt on to match her white frilled tucked in dress shirt. She had black fish net leggings and high red-cherry heels that matched with her red lipstick. Her face was filled with youth but her age said otherwise.

Jimin quickly took off his coat, black gloves and shoes to put on his apron and indoor white shoes. "Good morning, Mrs. Jean!" Jimin bowed to his boss as she let out a chuckle.

"Your entrance was sloppy. I would tell you to do it all over again, but I know you meant well." Mrs. Jean claimed as she sat on the front desk, looking back to the telephone that rested by her. "Everyone was complaining that your customer has been calling all day after your shift."

"Mrs. Jean, please note that whoever that is... I don't know him. If he calls here, wouldn't you say he's your customer... Or client...?" Jimin responded as the Woman shook her head.

"He only wanted you.... Do you want to know how much he called yesterday?" The Boss asked as Jimin tried his best not to stutter. He couldn't express how much his Boss despised that.

"How much did he call?" Jimin asked as Mrs. Jean made a smile.

"Twenty-four times..." Mrs. Jean responded as she can see Jimin's eyes widened.

"Twenty-four tim-"

"Please do not repeat, there's no time for that. We tried to persuade him yet he wouldn't accept... So, If he calls. You don't answer.... But if you do he will only keep calling." Mrs. Jean let out a sigh as she took out a cigarette from a white cigarette box in her coat's pocket. "Would you like one?" Mrs. Jean offered.

"No thank you, I don't smoke." Jimin responded with a smile as he turned around to switch the open sign on. "I will ignore his calls from now on, Mrs. Jean." Jimin assured as his Boss nodded.

"Don't try to contact me. I'm going abroad soon for my fashion buisness and I don't need this shop weighing me down." Mrs. Jean said as she decided to walk outside and smoke to prevent triggering the fire alarms as she waited on her ride.

While the Boss waited outside, Jimin sat down behind the desk and stared at the telephone. "Just any minute it can sound... Who knows what this Man's attempts are! What if he wants to get me fired? At this rate, I think I won't be asking for a raise anytime soon...." Jimin whispered to himself as he began to think on what his Boss told him.

Apparently, the unknown caller was Jimin's customer now since he only called for Jimin and not the Barber shop. What really caught Jimin's attention was that this shady guy actually didn't want anyone else to handle his hair... Only Jimin. But why would he want Jimin if the barber had no clue on what this guy even looked like?

As Jimin began to look out the glassed doors of the shop, his Boss got into a car and drove off. All was well.... Until the phone ringed again.