Chapter 6: Bait

Jimin sat up against the chair as he rubbed his hands nervously. He didn't want to answer the phone and kept silent. However.... The calls wouldn't stop!

             "I-it doesn't hurt to tell him I can't accept his calls..." Jimin whispered as he reached his hand over to answer the telephone, but then a customer showed up and Jimin quickly yanked his hand back from answering.

              "W-Welcome!" Jimin welcomed the young teenager to the Barber. His hair was long enough to make it seem like a female's bob cut!

              "Hello." The teenager then bowed as he walked over to a station. He was veey familiar to Jimin's services. "Just cut it above my ear and give me an undercut." The boy added as Jimin nodded taking out his comb and scissors to start cutting.

            "You have alot of hair.." Jimin added as the young teen let out a laugh. "I thought it looked great! That is untill... My mother told me I looked silly with it." The boy claimed as Jimin smiled letting out a laugh.

            "Well, she wasn't kidding. Sorry," Jimin replied as the Teen didn't mind. Just as the calls went silent, Jimin was cutting the boy's hair when suddenly the phone began to ring again.

              "Aren't you going to answer?" The boy asked as Jimin shook his head while the Teen satyed still. Not moving his head at all.

             "Just some prankster who called all day yesterday...." Jimin replied as the Teen nodded. But, no matter how much he ignored the calls, the Man still kept calling.

           "Wow... That person has no life to be calling you fifteen minutes straight!" The boy added as Jimin chuckled.

            "Don't pay the phone any attention. I'm almost done so you can show your Mother how great you look." Jimin claimed as the Teen stopped looking at the telephone through the mirror. Even the boy was beginning to get startled from the constant calls.

         "Don't you have any co-workers to answer the phone?" The boy wondered as Jimin shook his head.

           "Not in this shift..." Jimin responded as he began to make the boy's undercut. The undercut was a popular hair cut at the moment and most customers came in to get that hairstyle, even young little boys!

               As soon as Jimin was done, the boy thanked Jimin and payed the barber before he left. The phone hasn't stopped ringing since then. This embarrassed Jimin as a few more customers came in to get their hair cut.

           When all of the customers left and Jimin single handedly tended to them all, he rested back behind the front desk and let out a sigh when... RING RINGG! Went the telephone as Jimin let out a sigh. He was tired from standing all day and this man wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted.

            Jimin answered the phone and held it up to his ear. "Hello?" Jimin said into the phone as he felt the man on the other side smile.

            "Are you going to ignore my calls?" The man asked as Jimin face palmed.

            "MY GOSH MAN! HOW BAD DO YOU WANT ONE OF US TO CUT YOUR HAIR?!" Jimin asked as the man began to laugh. Jimin hated to admit it but he actually thought the Man's laugh was cute.

             "I don't want just anyone to cut my hair... I want you to do it... You seem like you do it so well! I can't help but to want this desperately." The unknown Man continued as Jimin almost felt like crying. This 'customer' was tough to get rid of!

            "Stop calling me or else I'll have to alert the police.." Jimin claimed as the man let out a scoff.

             "Jimin, you can't do that... They won't do anything to me. At the end of the day, I'm only a customer who wants service..."

            The Man was right.. Jimin couldn't press charges if the Man actually got physical towards Jimin. "I already mentioned this before... I can't cut your hair.. You have to come here! Why won't you listen?!"

               "Ah, I'll only stop until you agree.." The Man responded as Jimin looked down, holding the phone to his ear.

               "I'm not going to your house... I don't even know what you are capable of..." Jimin responded as he can hear the unknown voice let out a groan.

            "Why can't you understand I just want one simple thing? I promise." The man whispered as Jimin went silent.

            "IF I was to show up at your house, would you stop calling me?" Jimin asked as the man quickly responded.

            "Yes, of course!"

             "I-I'll have to talk to my boss when she gets back. But until then, don't call until I get an answer!" Jimin stated as the Man agreed.

            In reality, Jimin wasn't really going to show up at the man's house... He only said that so he can have peace and quiet for the whole day! All seemed well for him now. It was very surprising that the man actually trusted Jimin on that. This only made Jimin feel a bit bad.

               "Gullible." Jimin laughed a he hanged up. He believed that he won this battle and wasn't going to hear from the creepy guy ever again... But sadly, he was wrong.

              The man looked at his cellphone blankly while he bit his lip seductively. Jimin didn't think that the Man noticed Jimin's giggles after the agreement but he did. The man smirked and set his phone down and stood up.

           "Guess I'll have to make some phone calls after his shift." The man stated as he grabbed his coat and placed it on. The handsome man then walked up to the front door and began to slip on his shoes to go outside.

            " 'Gullible' " The shady guy then made a giggle mocking Jimin's laugh. "So adorable!" the guy cooed as he rolled his hair back, opened the door and left his apartment. By now, it didn't seem like the young and handsome man didn't really need a haircut since his hair seemed to be just fine.

          Yet, this seemed like bait the Man set for Park Jimin... But taken by the fact he never knew a thing about Jimin other than his name and career, what was the real reason behind all of this?