Chapter 30: Only to protect you

Jimin was at work and looked at the ground. Just last night he had a wet dream of Jungkook speaking to him about these services high above Jimin's usual barber services. "He must have told me something while I was drunk..." Jimin whispered to himself. The barber had bags under his eyes from his restless night and thought his mind played tricks on him because he felt Jungkook kiss him last night... But he couldn't dare to open his eyes to see no one.

            Jimin remembered the part of his dream where Jungkook offered Jimin to do services for sexual pleasure... This was high above Jimin's actual job. It was like Jungkook didn't only want Jimin to be his barber... He wanted Jimin to be his personal prostitute. Sex for money just didn't sound right in Jimin's head. "I guess once I see him or even speak to him I'll ask him if he told me anything when I was drunk..." Jimin claimed as he looked up ahead to see the snow outside. "I hope he never lies to me... I wouldn't lie to him and he wouldn't lie to me. Right?" Jimin asked himself.

          Only towards the last hour of his shift, the phone began to ring. Jimin was rinsing his scissors while the last customer left happily after paying for his cut. Jimin looked at the phone hoping it was Jungkook so he quickly ran to the phone and answered. "Hello? This is-"

              "Jimin.... What happened to you yesterday?" Jungkook was on the other line asking Jimin feeling worried.

              "My parents smelled the scent of cologne and Soju on my sweater. Then, My Mother got angry at me because I lied to her so she.... she slapped me and my father took my phone." Jimin stated as Jungkook got silent.

             "Jimin... I'm sorry. It was my fault, I invited you to drink with me..." Jungkook claimed as Jimin chuckled.

           "I guess I must have said many weird things." Jimin added. "But... I want to ask you, what did you tell me?" Jimin asked hesitantly as Jungkook cleared his throat.

           "I only tended to you last night.. I didn't tell you anything, Jimin." Jungkook claimed as Jimin started to get upset. He knew this was a lie.

           "Are you lying to me?"

            "Jimin, why would I lie to you?!"

            "I had a dream of you telling me if I wanted to be payed for sexual services... Is that true? Is that what you told me?" Jimin asked as Jungkook took a pause. "Don't lie to me, Jungkook! You've done this all before to me..."

             "Jimin, I would never lie to you!"

              "I don't believe you. Tell me the truth... You want sexual services from me.. You offered to pay me and ask me when I was drunk and wouldn't be able to think!" Jimin shouted as Jungkook couldn't keep lying to Jimin any longer.

              "Fine... It's true..."

               "I knew it. I bet right now you really want this from me.. You want to have sex with me and give me money afterwards. Jungkook, I'm not some slut who will do this for money, why won't you listen? I still didn't waste the money you gave me...."

              "Jimin, It's the only way I would be able to reach out to you.. I want to give you the money because I want you to come back... I'm sorry. You can't blame me for wanting pleasure. But I can pay you for this and you can get payed even if you don't want pleasure!"

             "Jungkook... I'm disgusted you see me this way. It even hurts more when you can't understand that I want you... But not like that. Keep your money, I only answered to confront you on this and tell you to never come back into my life. My parents won't allow it and if you love me.. I don't want to hurt you with this alone." Jimin teared up as Jungkook listened to Jimin break down over the phone. "I just wish this goodbye was easy.. But it's not! N-not when I have to leave you. So now, don't call me.. I'll ignore it all. Even if I'm at work I won't let you interfere and tell me about 'sex services' ever again."

             "Jimin... You're making a huge mistake! You can't hang up and expect me not to call. I won't take a break and I'll call you every second if I have to. Don't ignore my calls!"

              "Why not?!"

              "Because I love you! I'm not scared of telling you and I would say it to your face if I could right now! Jimin.... You alone drive me crazy in a good way... You make me feel something that I grow obsessed with. I want more and more of it. But, the only way I can have it is if you accept that. If not, I'll still love you!"

               "I love you, Jeon Jungkook..." Jimin replied as he let out a deep breath. "My parents won't support us and will hurt me if they find out! and... Our relationship alone is just sex! That's all we do!"

               "Jimin, that's my fault. Can't you be with me behind everyone's backs?"

             "I'm only doing us both a favor.. Something so toxic like this wouldn't work and I swear if you call I won't answer. My parents wouldn't want this and I can't have them hurt me any longer. It hurts... I love you too much to see you suffer in a way my parents start to involve themselves."

            "So, you're only doing what your parents want you to do... Jimin, you haven't experienced real pain if your mother slapped you across your face! You don't know how this hurts me!"

            "I'll leave you hurt either way... Don't call me ever again.. Please Jungkook, if you loved me so much, you would understand that I'm doing this to save ourselves from the drama." Jimin cried as he hanged up now. Leaving Jungkook to stare at his phone and quickly call again desperately.

            "Jimin... Jimin..." Jungkook cried as the phone began to ring but no answer. Jimin didn't want to love Jungkook and find out his parents end up abusing Jimin just because of this... He only wished not to go this far with the younger man in the first place.

         What Jimin still held close at night was the turtle neck sweater Jimin wore daily and of course the scent never went away unless it was washed. He would look at the mirror and softly touch his hickeys and cry a little. Why did following your heart hurt so much?