Chapter Two

Emilia

We laid together, laughing and telling jokes while watching Glory Road for the 100th time. To say that was his favorite movie was and understatement. When it ended, he told me to get dressed so we could head out. Refusing to tell me where exactly. I didn't argue, figuring it was something cute he had up his sleeve. I threw on a pair of jean shorts, a "Bruins Basketball" t-shirt and hopped alongside him in the passengers seat of his Jeep Wrangler.

We ended up at the beach, just in time to watch the sunset as we walked along the shore. Holding my hand and placing sporadic kisses on my cheek. He'd goof around by picking me up and pretending to toss me in the water. This was the Jhaleel that I was in love with, not that egotistic persona he'd taken on recently.

As nightfall came, he gave me a piggy back ride up to Tortuga's On The Pier for dinner. I was a foodie, so going out and trying new dishes was my thing. I was always looking for new recipes to put my own spin on.

"So are you excited about going to Drake's house tomorrow?" he asked after we placed our order and received our drinks.

"I wouldn't say excited," I shrugged not thinking much of the whole thing, "but it should be cool."

I thought it was pretty neat that Owen and I were asked to come to his house. I knew of he was this big time rapper and I listened to his music from time to time but I didn't find it anything to freak out over. I get that he's a celebrity and all, but I'm sure he was a normal person like the rest of us.

"You have to do me a favor and let him know I'm a big fan," he nodded, "if he's into basketball like I think he is, he'll know my name."

"I'll be sure to let him know. You want an autograph to?"

He sucked his teeth and threw a piece of ice at my nose as I laughed, "you're not funny."

"Jhaleel?"

We both looked up to see two girls standing next to our table. Both of them must have thought they were at the club instead on a family owned restaurant. The cheeky shorts and too small bikini tops were a little much.

"Candace. What's up girl? how you doin'?" he smiled, giving her a hug.

She flipped her butt length weave over her shoulder and shot a glare in my direction.

"I'm good," she smiled flirtatiously, "you coming to the party tonight?"

"I don't know. I'm kinda trying to spend time with my girl-"

"The rest of the team is gonna be there," she put both hands on the table, leaning over so that her cleavage was practically spilling in his face, "we're gonna have one of the hottest dj's in the city with the music."

Licking his bottom lip, he laid back in the chair and nodded his head, "I'll see what I can do."

She took a pen from her purse and wrote something down on a napkin. Picking up his hand, she laid it in his palm and balled it into a fist, "Call me for directions. See you later."

"Alright now," he smirked and watched her do a horrible job of seductively walking away.

I took the napkin and submerged it in his glass of tea.

"Em seriously? What you doin?!"

"Jay seriously?" I mocked him, "you are so disrespectful."

"What did I do?"

"You were flirting with some slut in my face."

"Em, baby she was flirting with me, okay. I was just being nice."