Chapter Fifty-Two

Emilia

That night was amazing; something that I'll never forget. The days that followed were interesting. My phone didn't seem to have a chill. Twitter and Instagram were a constant. Every ten minutes I had a slew of new notifications. The blogs were buzzing with articles doing research to learn about who I was. Oh, did I mention that the host of Fashion Police named me best dressed for the evening?That was so freaking cool. When you're mentioned with names like Demi Lovato, Chrissy Teegan, Gigi Hadid and Lily Aldridge it was only natural to feel myself a little bit.

Not only was me at the VMA's grabbing headlines, "Drake and Emilia" were too. E! News covered our love story via Instagram pictures taken from our accounts. Wendy Williams was eating it all up on her talk show, saying how cute and happy we looked together.

Aubrey had flown to Atlanta for a few days to record with Future. He gave me the keys to his place, so I could come and go as I pleased while he was away. Most of the boys went with him, so sleeping in this big house alone wasn't ideal. I'd come over during the day to swim, watch movies in the theater, or find a comfy spot on the couch to write.

Yeah, all that's happened in these past few days has inspired me to continue putting my pen to paper. I had received a phone call from HarperCollins informing me that my photoshoot for the book cover would be next week. I was really excited for that. Shooting the cover of my first book was very important. It would have a lasting impression and I wanted to make it a good one.

With all that was happening to me at the moment, Aubrey suggested that it may be time for me to start looking into hiring a manager and publicist. In regards to Emilia, the author, both positions were in place for me via HarperCollins. Anything regarding myself and The Wanderlust Food Diaries was their responsibility. As far as Emilia, the song writer and singer, it was just me for now. I think I could handle that myself for the time being. My first priority was this book. Once that was on shelves in stores, maybe I would direct my attention back to music.

It was Thursday. A steamy, humid day in sunny California. I totally felt like putting my sexiest bikini on and laying out at Aubrey's hydro-oasis just because. So I did. I had the place all to myself. The rest of the guys had went to Toronto to visit their families. I could run around here naked if I wanted. I'm sure Aubrey would love that on his security cameras.

Instead, I invited Elena to join me after she left work. We had been texting throughout the day and she had rough time on the job with the influx of patients she had to see. I had a bottle of Dom Perignon and two glasses waiting poolside when she arrived.

I liked how our relationship was progressing, seeing where we started from. Spending time together would only make our bond that much tighter. She needed to see the effort on my end to know it meant as much to me as it did for her.

"Ahhh what a day," she laid back in the lounge chair alongside me in a red two piece, "I need this."

She brought the glass to her lips and drank a good bit, "I don't think I sat down not one time today."

"Well take this time to not think about work and chill with baby sis in water wonderland," I smiled.

She nodded, "you know you're the talk around the water cooler?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, all the hot male doctors at the office wanna know more about Dr. Carrick's little sister."

"Elena, don't do that," I watched her give me a sly smirk, "you know what my relationship status is."

"I didn't say anything about relationships. You did. I just mentioned that a slew of Dr. McDreamy's have googly eyes for you."