Chapter One Hundred and Eighteen

Emilia

Three Days Later

"Alright Em, I gotta go."

I watched as he tossed he slipped his arms underneath the straps of his backpack and adjusted his baseball cap.

We were sitting in the backseat of his Range Rover at the private airstrip he picked me up from less than four days ago. It was time once again to say goodbye to Aubrey. Yeah, it was only for the weekend but my emotions still found a way to take over. I glanced out the window at his private jet that Spoons, Chubbs, Mark and Oliver were loading on then looked back at him. I could feel the tears working up but fought them back.

"I love you," he kissed me while caressing the back of my neck, "get some rest when you get home before Max's game tonight. Have fun and let me know how he does."

"Okay. I love you too."

He lifted my sweatshirt, leaned down and kissed my stomach, "I love you, nugget. Don't give mamma a hard time while I'm gone okay?"

Something about that triggered the water works, because they came flooding. I buried my face in my hands and bawled like a big baby.

"Em...don't do that. Baby, please?" his arms wrapped around me, "that's gonna make me not want to leave you. I'll be back in two days I promise. Not a day longer."

"I know. I just...I just don't being without you when I like this. I cry all the time , I'm grouchy, I sleep by myself and all I do is eat and I'm getting fat and-"

"Shhhh. Babe stop. Please?" he cupped my face and wiped underneath my eyes with his thumb, "everything is going to be fine."

"I'm sorry."

"Fuck," he muttered and held me tighter.

"It's okay, Aubrey. Go. I'll be fine."

"You know I can't walk away from you looking like this."

I sucked it up and got myself together to look at him, "I love you. Go be great."

"You okay now?" he looked at me for assurance.

I nodded. He kissed me again, "you're not fat. You've thickened up a little bit yeah but I love it on you. You're beautiful, Em."

I smiled and felt my cheeks blushing, "Thank you."

"It's a couple of surprises waiting for you when you get home. They'll take your mind off missing me and before you know it I'm back."

I nodded again as he kissed me one last time before getting out of the car. We exchanged I love you's and then I was watching him board the plane.

Ryan drove back home. It was early, so I didn't expect anyone to be up. He crashes on the couch. I walked to the kitchen thinking of something I could make for breakfast. We had all the ingredients to make a tomato spinach omelet topped with pepper jack cheese. As much as I wanted a cup of orange juice to wash it down with, I reminded myself that my nugget didn't like citrus. Luckily, I had some organic apple juice left.

I went and grabbed my MacBook from upstairs to have while I ate at the island. DeShawn was coming back into town today and I wanted to have a good bit of my blog finished for him to read. I knew the two recipes I wanted to share and had a rough draft outlined of how I would present them.

Hi everyone! I've got two pretty delicious recipes that I love to have at any time of year. First up, we're getting spicy with jalapeno poppers. These guys are a perfect combination of cheesy, beefy, shrimpy with a good kick of heat. I could eat these all day, every day; they are the perfect BBQ snack. Words of warning though, make sure you can take the heat!