Chapter Fifty-Four

Elena

Gelo: Good morning beautiful

This was one of the only times that I didn't mind my phone waking me up in the morning. I smiled as my eyes adjusted to the light that was peeking through my curtains. I replied with two kissy face emojis. He'd be coming back to California tonight, only to meet up with Aubrey and fly out to Las Vegas a couple hours afterwards. One thing that annoyed me about his lifestyle was that it constantly consisted of going everywhere Aubrey went; and he never stayed in one place for too long.

Elena: when are you getting in?

Gelo: around 4 or 5.

Elena: I'll be at my parents

Gelo: with AG and Em?

Elena: yeah

Gelo: well we aren't flying out to Vegas until 10 so I'll find a way to see you beforehand

Elena: :)

Let me get my butt out of this bed. Being that I worked Monday through Friday, Saturday was the only time I had to get any personal things done. I had a hair appointment at eleven and a nail appointment at one. After that I had to head down to Rodeo Drive to pick up a pair of shoes from Prada I had ordered online to be shipped in store. From there I would make the drive over to my parents' house. For some reason, mom and dad were both really excited about meeting Aubrey. Max was going to be there so they insisted that I come. I was doing my best to avoid the situation all together fully knowledgeable of my inability to hold my tongue and be mindful that my mother and I weren't in the best place. After some thought, I figured I would just go. My parents were pretty smart and in the know about stuff, so I had full belief in their ability to detect bullshit. My mother was especially intense, so I'd have a front row seat to see Aubrey squirm. I had a feeling that I wasn't going to have to say much of anything.

Emilia: wake your ass up. I'm coming over

Elena: its 8 o'clock in the morning. Whhhhyyy?

Emilia: because I want to

Elena: okay. bring some breakfast with you.

Emilia: I got you

She was knocking on the door almost an hour later with Ihop in hand. She had on gym tights, sneakers and a t-shirt, leading me to believe she had just come from working out. We sat in the living room and engaged in small talk while we ate. Something was a little off about her though. She appeared to be distracted. Like her mind was somewhere else.

"You alright?" I asked as I took the last bite of my apple cinnamon pancakes, "you look like you're thinking heavily."

She sighed as she wiped her mouth, "I am. You know how something has been weighing heavy on your mind but you didn't know how to let it off? Especially when you're dealing with someone's feelings."

"Oh no," I sat up, "what's going on? Is it Aubrey?"

"Does it have to do with him? Yes."

"You guys are breaking up? Oh Em, I'm so sorry," I scooted over and hugged her, "I know it hurts but it'll get better."

"Elena stop," she pulled away, "It's pretty sad that that's the first thought that comes to your mind."

"Ooo kay... I'm confused, what else would it be?"

"You. It's you," she said with a straight face.

"Me? What did I do? I thought we were good."

"You and I were good Lena, but as soon as you started being nasty and disrespectful to Aubrey that changed."