Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen

Emilia

Two Weeks Later

Dark denim skinny jeans, brown ankle boots and a casual oversized knitted sweater. My hair had been straightened and styled in a halo braid circling around my crown with tiny loose strands astray here and there.

"Your skin is so radiant and the gleam in your uniquely colored eyes is everything. What color are they? I've been trying to figure it out ever since you've been here."

I laughed at the makeup artist, Quiana, as she finished touching me up. She was a young , Hispanic woman. Very vivacious and witty. We had become pretty cool since working together.

"My driver's license says grey, but my fiancé says bluish-greenish-grey with a touch of brown."

"I agree with fiancé. The blue and green tints pop when the light hits it," she gently powdered my nose, "what's your heritage?"

"A blend of African-American, Puerto Rican, Irish and Caucasian," I smiled, "not very common but that's the Carrick's for you."

"It explains a lot. I've been doing make-up for a long time and you have to have the most gorgeous face I've ever worked with. It's so exotic and unique," her voice exuded more excitement as she continued, "everything just pops without much help from make-up which is great."

"Awe, well thank you. That's so sweet of you to say."

"No problem," she concluded the touch up, "okay, you're all done."

She gave the director a thumbs up as she walked off set. He called for quiet on the set. One of the set managers hurried and handed her a maroon colored mug. My prop for the scene. I smiled and thanked him, turning my attention back to the camera. The director counted down from five with his fingers and cued me to begin.

Remember your lines Mil. Smile, naturally move around and sip from the mug afterwards.

"Welcome back to a coffee flavored Unwrapped. You know, many people can't start their morning without their jo. In fact, 100 million cups are consumed each day worldwide but we found a couple whose designs on coffee go way beyond just drinking it. They actually use it for artwork. Don't believe me? Watch."

I sipped and held my closed mouthed smile and stance until the director yelled cut.

"That's our shot. Excellent job, Emilia. One more scene for the day. We need a wardrobe change for episode number 702! Fifteen minutes and back to set!"

The set manager escorted me back to wardrobe where the stylist waited for me. My outfit was laid out. He left me in privacy to change. I was thankful for that because I'm still hiding my pregnancy. I didn't care much about him dressing me and being male since my species wasn't his type. I loved how my wardrobe had been so far. They definitely paid attention to my style.

I changed into a coral pink and white polka dot dress that rested slightly above my knees, brown boots and a denim button down shirt left open. While the hairstylist changed up my hair, I looked over my lines for the particular scene.

Hi everybody, welcome to Unwrapped. I'm Emilia Carrick and today we are hitting the candy store to explore the sourest sweets and treats. Now, we've discovered that there's strange things going on in Roswell, New Mexico and we're not talking UFO's were talking explosions of nuclear proportions thanks to a little piece of sour candy called a Warhead and how it packs an amazing punch.

Pretty simple. I think I got it.

Aubrey 😊😍💍

Today at 4:30 pm