Chapter Ninety-Seven

Emilia

"Are you nervous right now?"

I looked over at Courtne, "No. I'm totally not nervous. Why would you ask that?"

"Because you've been bouncing your leg up and down for the past ten minutes and you're super ancy," she placed her hand on my knee, "relax."

I took a few breaths, "I'm fine. Just anxious. Very anxious."

It was almost that time for me to meet with Warner Bros and OVOSound. I looked at my watch. It was 10:55. The meeting was scheduled to start at 11. Aubrey, Oliver and 40 had driven here separate from Courtne and I. That showed how serious they were taking this.

Maybe I was nervous because this was going down in front of not only Aubrey, but his friends that he started this label with and the company that believed in their vision enough to support it. I wanted to impress and make the boys look good for choosing me to do this.

"You got this. I know you're going to nail it," she said, "it's all a matter as to whether they're going to give you what you want."

"Right," I nodded, "thanks for coming. Your support is everything."

"No problem girl."

I sighed and looked down at my attire, "am I dressed okay? You don't think it's too casual do you?"

When I got dressed this morning, the idea was to look very neat and business like, but I didn't want to look too uppity so I added my own twist to it. Black ankle pants, matching heels, a leopard printed chiffon button down and a soft red blazer. A simple nude lip for makeup and my hair slicked back into a neat top bun.

"Emilia, you look fine."

"Emilia Carrick!" a Caucasian woman in a navy dress and nude pumps walked up to us, "they're ready for you."

"Okay," I stood up and grabbed my purse, "let's do this."

She led us into a conference room. There were about six people seated at the round table. Three of them being Aubrey, 40 and Oliver. The others introduced themselves as the CEO, A&R and President of Warner Bros. Records.

They all stood up with big warm smiles when we entered the room, each greeting me with a handshake. I took a seat where I was gestured to, placing my purse in my lap.

Things started by everyone stating their name and position with the label. The president briefly spoke on their relationship with OVO Sound and how their music match came to be. Like Aubrey had stated, Oliver had went to them expressing interest in signing me on and they liked what they were hearing. It was a big plus for them that I am signed to the label as a songwriter. They liked what I've done so far that was out there in the world. Image was everything and they liked how I've carried myself so far. My style appealed to them. I was seen as very marketable in there eyes. They didn't mention changing anything about me.

They loved that I was someone with more than just the talent of singing. The CEO really took a liking to the fact that I was an author and passionate cook. One of the most important thing for music artist nowadays is to be multi-faceted.

The floor was then opened to Aubrey, Oliver and 40. They each spoke about their experience in working with me in the studio. 40 played three different tracks from them that we did together. Masterpiece,which was a mix of hip hop and pop, That's What You Get, that was the pop rock track 40 gave me to make me step out of my element, and Evacuate the Dance Floor, a dance track we did awhile ago. It was the first time I've ever heard the finished product of those. It sounded great. 40 did a great job. He used this as evidence that I could sing just about anything.