Chapter Twenty-Six

Aubrey

When I arrived at my house, I chopped it up with my boys for a minute before excusing myself up to the safari room to give my mom a call via FaceTime. She was doing a lot better. I had spent some time with her while Em was in Nepal. She missed me a lot. I was trying to get better with seeing her more often, but my crazy lifestyle always put a wrench in that. Currently she was in a wheelchair. It was hard for her to stand for long periods of time without becoming tired. She used her cane for as long as she could withstand it. I didn't like seeing her like this. My mind would go back to the times that she got around with no problem at all. Running after me as kid or jumping in my arms when she would see me after being away for a long time. Little things like that I had taken for granted. We talked for almost an hour. As always she asked me about my love life. I didn't want to tell her about Mila just yet. We weren't together officially and I didn't want to get my mom's hopes up in case this thing didn't happen. I gave her my same ol' spill about just focusing on work and letting all that other stuff come second to that. She talked about wanting grandchildren. I thought about it from time to time, being a dad and all. It's something that I wanted eventually. I'd be 29 in three months; not exactly getting younger either. I wasn't keen on being an old ass dad either.

I'm just waiting on that special woman. I want to love someone so badly after seeing someone as wonderful as my mother not be loved the way she deserved to be. That shit hurts me to the core every time I think about it. In the past, I've tried to give that love to the wrong women. I felt the same emotions about my mother when I thought about Mila. She's such a beautiful, genuine, caring person who gave one thousand percent to a man she spent four years building with, only to be disrespected and beaten. She didn't deserve that. She needed that pure, genuine, love that doesn't hurt. I have that in me. I could give her that one day. I want to. I think that's why over the course of two months of knowing her, I am able to say that I love her. Not only was I attracted to her physically, but I was enticed by her spirit, drawn to her mind, and connected with her emotions. Shit was crazy. I've never felt connected on these different levels with other women. I've claimed to be in love before with women I genuinely cared for but this was different. It was always started off with sex and being cool, trying to make a relationship out of it. I felt this deep for this girl without engaging in that physical act. This means something.

40 came over late in the afternoon to do some work in my home studio. He played me back a couple of tracks that we had recorded for the album in London. I liked the vibe that I fed off of while I was out there. Staying true to who I was as an artist, but developing new sounds to keep my fans interest.

Instagram:

@a_milli: lunch with my two favorite boys. They're support is everything! J your pops<my dad #lilbrowiththegold #carrickmen

I smiled at the photo of her sitting between her brother and dad while the kissed her cheeks. That let me know one, that the conversation went well and two, that she had another male figure showing her the right kind of love. I liked the picture and continued to scroll down my timeline.

@maxmikhail2: pops going wayyy wayyy wayyy on the the OVO Sound wave lol @champagnepapi

The caption had accompanied a video of his dad singing along to Energy as they walked down the strip. It was funny as hell. He knew the words but had no rhythm. That was cool as fuck though.

@champagnepapi: hahahaha! Wayyy up!

"What you laughing at?" 40 looked back at me.

"Just Mila's pops and Max rapping one of my songs," I said as I went to check my messages. I had a tendency to pay them no mind if it wasn't someone I really interested in talking to, "shit is hilarious."