Chapter Twenty-Nine

Aubrey

Hearing Mila's decision to be a part of OVO Sound excited me. She would finally have some time to make her dreams a reality, while learning the ins and outs of working on a record label. There were great people in my camp to mold and develop her. She had an undeniable talent both with the pen and behind the microphone. There's no limit on the places she could go. How many singing, artistic minded, guitar playing chefs do you know? With hard work and persistence, she'll add author to that list soon. I wanted her to feel comfortable with her choice, which is why I held back on telling her that I loved her. After feeling a type of way throughout the wedding and gathering up the courage, I backed out. It was fucking with me. I should have just went ahead and told her how I feel. Once the wedding wrapped up, I had every intention of heading back to my condo and spending all the time I could with her before she left tomorrow morning. I still had the rest of the night left to say what's been heavy on my heart.

Incoming Call: Mamma

"Hey mamma. What's up?"

"I'm just seeing what you were up to. How was the wedding?"

"It was a really nice, beautiful ceremony. I'm proud of my boy."

"I saw the picture you sent me of you and Emilia. She looked so pretty, and you so handsome. What are you guys doing right now?"

"On the way back to the house."

"Well it's still a little early in the evening, come see me. I'd love to see her."

"Uh, I don't know ma, she has a plane to catch in the morning."

Mila looked over at me, "that's your mom?"

"Yeah. She wants us to come by."

Her face lit up with a smile, "oh I'd love to. Hey Ms. Sandi!"

"Hey darling!"

"Alright ma, we'll be over soon. We're gonna go change clothes at least."

"Okay, I'll see you then. Bye bye."

"Bye."

Mazin: wyd bro? link up while you here

Aubrey: I'm headed to my moms. You can slide through. She hasn't seen you in a min.

Mazin: cool

"Now you know I don't mind going to see your mother," Mila reached over and slapped my thigh, "what was that about?"

"Nothing. I just know how my mom is. She really likes you a lot for me and I don't want her grandchildren and marriage talks to make you uncomfortable."

"That's harmless, Aubrey. That's just a mom for you," she shrugged, "I love her. She's such a sweet lady."

"One of my good friends from back in the day will be there too, so you'll get to meet him."

"Let's do it."

After performing a quick change into casual clothing at my place, we were back in the Bugatti to my mom's luxury apartment in York Mills. Mazin had beaten us there. I let us in with my key copy, finding him and mom in the kitchen talking over glasses of lemonade and a game of Scrabble.

She smiled so big when she saw Emilia, using her cane to make her way to her. I was usually the one to get the first hug, but it was like she didn't even see me yet. I didn't mind, that meant one thing; she genuinely liked this girl unlike the others.

"Aww you look so beautiful," she stepped back and looked at her, "how are things going?"

"It's going," Mila nodded, "look at you! You look good."