Chapter Seventy-Seven

Emilia

Oliver was up bright and early at seven o'clock the next morning, delivering wake up calls throughout the house via phone call and knocking on doors. I was awake with no problem. Meanwhile, Aubrey moaned, groaned and stole ten more minutes of sleep before deciding to get up.

A fully dressed Oliver continued to make his rounds throughout the house to make sure everyone was up and moving. When there was a schedule to be followed, he made sure everyone stuck to it. He along with CJ, Jorden, Mark, OB, Ryan, Chubbs, Spoons, Jibber and myself would be traveling with Aubrey today. Gelo and Elena would meet us in Toronto Friday.

I wanted to be comfy for the five hour flight. Keeping in mind the cold weather we'd be flying into, my gray OVO tracksuit and Jordan X 10 retros were the first outfit of choice. Of course I could only wear one shoe because of this boot, but I made it work.

Aubrey and I didn't get to say much of anything to each other. He multitasked with getting himself dressed, taking phone calls and talking to Oliver. I went ahead downstairs so I was out of the way. The sound of my stomach growling led me to the kitchen; a multi-grain bagel, cream cheese, orange juice and pineapple chunks did the job.

LAX was a pretty busy place. I had already prepared myself to maneuver through the paparazzi and the crowding fans trying to get to Aubrey. My purple Beats covered my ears, playing the Top Hip/Hop and R&B station on Pandora. D&G shades served as a protective barrier for my eyes. I brought the hood of my sweatshirt over my head and tucked my hands in the front pockets of the jacket.

We got about two minutes through the terminal before the swarm started to happen. Two cameras flashing turned into five, eight and ten. Mouths were moving. The music drowned out their voices. I turned the volume down a little to see what they were saying this time around.

"Drake! Over here!"

"Where are you headed?"

"Are you guys on your way to get married in Vegas? The ring is beautiful."

What kind of question is that? I've definitely been wearing it on my right hand. Idiots.

"Emilia, did you watch the Knicks game last night?"

"What team are you rooting for this season, the Knicks or the Raptors?"

I was walking alongside OB, Chubbs and Oliver. Aubrey was a little ahead with Spoons and Juggles with him, so I wasn't sure if he had heard that comment. They are so shady, but I thought it was pretty clever on their part.

"How do you feel about Serena Williams possibly loosing the Grand Slam?"

They are reaching so damn hard. I wanted to laugh, but I knew they'd find a way to twist that reaction. I turned up my headphones back up and kept moving with my group.

One thing I enjoyed about flying private was the ability for me to stretch out comfortably. Two seats to myself in the back had become my favorite spot. Aubrey made sure I had a blanket to curl up under since the guys like the air cool due to the California heat. Toronto would be cold and chilly. That excited me. I missed northern weather sometimes.

I strapped myself in as take off ensued. My notebook and favorite ball point pen found its way to my lap when I found myself in the mood to write. I wanted to make sure I had some material to get started with when I met with 40.

Jay: iMessage

I slid my thumb across the screen of my phone to open the message. We hadn't talked since his late night text a few days ago.