Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Seven

Emilia

Time away from Aubrey is what I needed. Not a break-up, but a few hours to myself to relax my mind. A girls night couldn't have been more clutch. I felt like getting cute for the occasion. Dark denims skinnies, brown knee high boots, oversized knitted sweater blended with purple and gray tones, and a plum colored scarf. I left my hair down, light make-up, bold mauve lip and a cross chain for accessory.  I met Adrienne and Alyssa for the first time. Very sweet, down to earth girls. Fariba and I were getting to know each other better. There wasn't much time to do so in the midst of her wedding last summer.  They all took a moment to oogle over my engagement ring and inquire about wedding plans along with updates about the baby. For a moment that seemed like all they wanted to talk about. Totally understandable being that they've known my fiancé before he was DRAKE . It's was exciting for them to see a new side of him.

The spa had been our first stop. We all had manicures done as well as massages. I liked mine short in length,  not finding super long nails classy nor efficient for my line of work. Alpine Snow was my color choice. I loved how clean white looked with my skin tone. It was Aubrey's favorite on both my fingers and toes. He would appreciate it. My massage was relaxing. Being that I was pregnant, special attention was given to my lower back and legs. That along with the dimmed lights and candles soothed whatever anxiety and stress I had been feeling.

Next was dinner. The Keg Steakhouse Bar. Nugget and I were pretty hungry. Just reading the menu had my mouth watering. Adrienne ordered a round of drinks while we made our decisions. She thoughtfully ordered a virgin pineapple splash cocktail for me. When the waiter came back I was the last to give my order.

"I'll have the calamari to start, then I'll have the prime rib for my entree with the caesar salad, sautéed mushrooms and baked potato loaded with no bacon. Also, I want to go ahead another entree to go. The prime rib sliders, cole slaw and fries."

"Geez mamma," Courtne said, "baby girl must be hungry."

"She is but it's for Aubrey. I'm more than positive he'll be hungry later on and I probably won't be in the mood to cook."

"Awww, that's so sweet," Alyssa cooed.

"Alright ma'am. I'll send out that last entree towards the end of your meal. Is that okay?" the waiter asked as he took up our menus.

"That's perfect," I smiled, "thank you so much."

"You're welcome ma'am. Ladies, I'll put your orders in and those appetizers should be right out."

We thanked him in unison the returned to our drinks and conversation.

Courtne cleared her throat, "So, what does everyone have going on? This is my first girls night in forever and I know we've all been so busy with our own endeavors."

"Well, I just finished shooting Sweat The City season 1," Adrianne said as she sipped her drink, "It's a series of short clips based off of the clothing line that founded and model for called Sweat the Style. That along with a few other modeling gigs have been keeping me busy."

"I'm still heavy in PR managing with Call It Spring, a retail chain offering trendy shoes, boots, handbags and accessories for men and women," Alyssa smiled proudly, "everything is going really well with that. We're working on getting a slot it next years New York Fashion Week."

"I've been enjoying being a newlywed," Fariba grinned, "we've done a good bit of traveling and honeymooning, so that's been fun. I'm still working with Herbalife as an advocate and coach. And...we're planning for a baby within the next year or so."

Everyone awed at the news. The way she smiled as she told us let me know that being a mother was something she wanted. Why not? She has a husband that loves her and a wonderful family surrounding them. My mind went back to how beautiful their wedding was and how the two of the were so in love.