Chapter Forty-Five

Aubrey

This was the happiest I've seen her since our relationship turned upside down. Her smile was from ear to ear the entire time. Guy gave us a tour of his restaurant; informing us on how he came up with the theme and the history behind it all. Our tour ended in the kitchen, where he took the time to teach us how to prepare some of his signature dishes. She was extremely focused, but I took opportunities to lighten the mood by sneaking flirtatious gestures. Steal a kiss on the cheek; compliment her, and try to cop of feel of that ass. She'd shoo me away and laugh, cutting her eyes back at me with a little smirk. We enjoyed our creations afterwards with Guy. She picked his brain for as much knowledge on the industry and his journey that her brain could absorb. Our own mini cooking class from one of the most popularFood Network celebrities was a good move. Let me give myself a mental pat on the back for this one. She was soaking it all in, asking questions along the way. I loved how she was a student of her craft; one of the many things that turned me on about her. No matter how good she was, she never stopped having the will and want to learn.

We wrapped things up an hour before the place became open to the public. I thanked Guy as much as I could. He came through on this last minute favor. Chubbs, who had taken photos and video for Mila most of the time, snapped a picture of the three of us and Guy before we headed out.

"Oh my gosh, Aubrey," Mila said, strapping on her seatbelt as I crunk up the engine, "I can't believe I just met him. How did you pull this off? He has to be like super busy."

"I met him a couple years ago at his restaurant in Vegas," I said, pulling out onto the main street, "we've been cool ever since."

"Well, thank you. This was totally unexpected. I enjoyed every second of it."

"Anything for you," the car came to a slow stop at a red light, "I love you."

I looked over at her, raising my hand to stroke her cheek.

She looked up from her phone, quickly looking back to hide her blush, "I love you too."

"Can I have a kiss for doing a good job?" I dared to ask.

Licking my lips in anticipation, she cupped my face and smiled. I couldn't wait to taste what I had been missing so much. Once I saw her lean forward, I closed my eyes. She surprised me by planting a wet one on my forehead, giggling as she let me go.

"The light is green," she pointed towards the windshield.

She ain't making this shit easy on me by any means.

I alternated my foot from the brake to the gas, crossing over the intersection embarking on the little drive we had to make back to the YOLO Estate. We had so much to talk about. I didn't want to do it in the car. I want to be able to look her in her eyes the entire time I say what I have to say. Although this late afternoon/evening in my house was strictly business for her, I was going to find a way for us to talk about our personal issues. She couldn't go home tonight; she couldn't have me sleeping alone anymore.

Arriving home, we walked into the guys participating in an intense game of Madden in the living room. Pizza boxes, hot wings and opened beer bottles sat on the coffee table. They all took a second from what they were doing to acknowledge Mila. She waved to them all with her more than perfect smile.

"Where's 40, Majid and Jordan?" I scanned the room in search of them.

"Studio," Niko said as he kept his focus on the television and his fingers moving methodically on the controller, "they just went down there like twenty minutes ago."

They didn't waste any time.

"Come on and catch this ass whippin AG," Mark said as did a victory dance after scoring a touchdown on Niko, "I just killed Neeks 32-14 boom!"