Chapter One Hundred and Four

Jay

Even with all this shit going on, I still had a job to do. Between watching film with the team and practice, I was at the arena for almost four hours. It had been hard for me to give ball my full focus today. I drove around the city for a little while. New York was bustling as always. I found a low key Italian bistro to have dinner.

I arrived at my apartment shortly after nine. Dollicia had called me earlier to let me know she was there waiting for me. She had been working all day. Photoshoots and some other shit. I was half paying attention when she left out this morning.

"Hey love," she jumped up from the couch, greeting me with a hug and a kiss when I came in.

"Hey," I dropped by duffle bag on the floor, "how was your day?"

"Good. My pictures came out amazing. I can't wait to show them to you," she smiled, "how was practice and stuff?"

"It was straight," I shrugged and plopped down on the sofa, "I had a lot of shit on my mind so I was half there."

She sighed and sat on my lap, "Has Carter found anything out yet?"

"No. And it's driving me fucking crazy," I said, "but I promise when I find out who put those texts out-"

"You shouldn't stress over it babe. It's unfortunate that information like that got out, yes, but if you look at this with optimism...you aren't getting any bad press from this."

"It's not about that Dolly," I corrected her, "that information had know business being made known to the public and is really hurting the people involved."

"Well it's not the first time Drake has been in some shit. His name is always in the mix with how he treats women," she scoffed, "he'll be fine."

"I'm not talking about him."

"Let me guess. Your precious Emilia," she rolled her eyes and shook her head, "you're never going to get over her are you?"

"It's not about that. Hell, I'm human and I have feelings. That was fucked up and she's hurt by it."

"You've talked to her?"

"No, but I know her well enough to know how she'd handle something like this. I was there when that shit happened. It was like watching her heart being ripped out of her chest. Someone's taken advantage of that. Some evil ass person and I'm more than positive that both her and Drake think it's me."

"You're not that type of guy, baby. It doesn't matter what they think."

"I know...but mark my words when I find out who did this shit. I'm exposing their asses so the world can see them for the heartless evil person that they are."

She kissed my cheek and rubbed the back of my neck, "how about you go shower and when you get out I'll give you a massage to help you relax?"

"I'd like that," I lifted her off so I could stand up.

I went to my room, ridded myself of my dirty clothes and tossed them in the hamper. That shower felt great. Dollicia's girly body wash and stuff for her hair had taken it over. She definitely made herself feel at home.

When I got out she was sitting on the bed in a sheer neglige that left much to nothing to the imagination. Her candles lighting the room. Soft music was playing. Massage oil bottles she used on me when I was sore were sitting on the nightstand.

I laid on my stomach. She straddled and rubbed her hands up and down my back, grazing her pink stiletto nails gently. It felt great, especially when she added the warm oil. I had be free of serious injury my rookie season so far. Mild back spasms and soreness gave me some pain from time to time. That came with the territory of playing ball at such a high level.